PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sloopjohnbee

Lifer
May 12, 2019
Atlantic Coast USA
Anyone here have any experience with blood thinners? From my understanding they don't break existing clots only assist in preventing further - I think I may have a blood clot(or multiple) either in my abdomen or pelvis
the pain comes and goes but this has been debilitating to me for a few weeks to a month on and off
as many of you may not be aware I'm under 40

I haven't been smoking or drinking for 1.5 month - terrible flank and groin pain when it comes
NOT looking for med advice just knowledge/experience on thinners, clots and possibly worse(stroke if applicable to discussion)
I may be long hauling corona - I'm going to the doctor but I want to be prepared on what to do if clots is an issue
thanks

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
I never felt anything when I had my blood clots however if you really think you might have one or more you NEED to stop what you are doing and get to a hospital before the clot(s) end up in your heart causing a heart attack or in your brain causing a stroke.

Blood clots are not something to hesitate about.

Sloopjohnbee

Lifer
May 12, 2019
Atlantic Coast USA
I never felt anything when I had my blood clots however if you really think you might have one or more you NEED to stop what you are doing and get to a hospital before the clot(s) end up in your heart causing a heart attack or in your brain causing a stroke.

Blood clots are not something to hesitate about.
yes that's what i'm reading

Reactions: BROBS

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
I suppose if you drink enough to dilute your bloodstream. ? Plus, if your blood is 15% gin, you’re not going to worry about a clot. And you’ll get an ambulance ride to see a doctor about it! It’s win-win-win.
Conversely, having too much blood in your alcohol content is never an acceptable scenario. Life is all about balance.

canucklehead

Lifer
Aug 1, 2018
Alberta
I've had a few minor clot related issues, but was never put on any blood thinners other than high dose aspirin during the acute stage. I didn't have DVT though, only "superficial thrombophlebitis" twice in the left arm, once in my right, and a couple times in my left leg. From physical trauma (car, motorcycle, and workplace accident related), not clotting issues.

It sounds to me like kidney stones or possibly even a hernia, but if you even suspect a clot issue you need to get it checked ASAP, better safe than sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.