PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

timt

Lifer
Jul 19, 2018
Lately, I've been looking hard at new meers to purchase. Well, I found a beautiful IMP billiard with the right measurements and snapped it up. It's on the way. But then, while making the mistake of continuing to look, I saw another at Altinay Pipes. It now too is on the way. I'm a very fortunate man. I'm proud, obviously pretentious and here to flaunt my treasures. Here are some pics:

IMP
1612627663749.png
Altinay
1612627784829.png

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
This is how I feel everyday.

I'm a very fortunate man. I'm proud, obviously pretentious and here to flaunt my treasures.

I’m actually an extremely simple human. I own one suit (for someone’s wedding or funeral), one sport coat (court or deposition), one pair of dress shoes, one pair of casual shoes, one pair of running shoes.

In a lot of ways I’m a minimalist.

But pipes and tobacco.... I plead the fifth.

Finally, those meers are fantastic. Nobody can fault you, especially for going down the “buy another” rabbit hole.

timt

Lifer
Jul 19, 2018
Treasures indeed, very nice! I love both of those...congrats and enjoy!
You know, if they both were available at the same time, I’m not sure which one I would have picked. I looked and looked and then all of the sudden bang bang.

This is how I feel everyday.

I’m actually an extremely simple human. I own one suit (for someone’s wedding or funeral), one sport coat (court or deposition), one pair of dress shoes, one pair of casual shoes, one pair of running shoes.

Finally, those meers are fantastic. Nobody can fault you, especially for going down the “buy another” rabbit hole.
If any of you guys are ever in Minnesota, an hour or so north of the Twin Cities and you see a semi-homeless looking dude driving a filthy pickup and a nice meer sticking out of his beard....

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
There should be more classic smooth shapes in meerschaum made.
There are, check Meerschaum Market.

Figurals can be works of art, but really how often do you smoke them?
All of the time. With sepiolite being such a malleable substance, the carvers can really flex their artistry and there's more money in figurals than standard shapes. I know a collector that has never been a tobacco user that has a room full of mythology figural meers.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011

I am much the same. I like to justify to myself my indulgences in pipes and tobacco based on the fact that my spending is so minimalist in nearly everything else. Clothing in particular is a very low budget category for me.

About the only other area in which I exercise little thrift is quality of food and drink.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I am much the same. I like to justify to myself my indulgences in pipes and tobacco based on the fact that my spending is so minimalist in nearly everything else. Clothing in particular is a very low budget category for me.

About the only other area in which I exercise little thrift is quality of food and drink.
You sound like me. Tobacco, leather bound books, and puzzles are my heavy expenditures. Everything else I'm cheap with.

tfdickson

Lifer
May 15, 2014
East End of Long Island
Lately, I've been looking hard at new meers to purchase. Well, I found a beautiful IMP billiard with the right measurements and snapped it up. It's on the way. But then, while making the mistake of continuing to look, I saw another at Altinay Pipes. It now too is on the way. I'm a very fortunate man. I'm proud, obviously pretentious and here to flaunt my treasures. Here are some pics:

IMP
View attachment 64427
Altinay
View attachment 64429

So it was you! That Altinay is just about perfection in my book. I checked their website today and saw it had been posted and sold and I was kicking myself for missing it. Congrats and enjoy!

timt

Lifer
Jul 19, 2018
So it was you! That Altinay is just about perfection in my book. I checked their website today and saw it had been posted and sold and I was kicking myself for missing it. Congrats and enjoy!
:ROFLMAO: I was pretty OCD on refreshing their page. Knowing you would have grabbed it is quite the compliment. You've got some remarkable pipes.

tfdickson

Lifer
May 15, 2014
East End of Long Island
:ROFLMAO: I was pretty OCD on refreshing their page. Knowing you would have grabbed it is quite the compliment. You've got some remarkable pipes.
Thank you! Seriously, I checked this AM, nothing of interest. Made my boys their usual Saturday morning pancakes and checked again. There it was, having come and gone. Now I know better, my kids and their meals can wait. ?

Status
Not open for further replies.