PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
There was a thread on this subject back in 2016 if my memory serves me correctly. If I remember there used to be a poster on here who was a Stalin fan, they do exist much to my surprise. He posted a whole scree of information on Russian pipes and Stalins love of Royal Yacht. I always understood that Uncle Joe was an Edgeworth man or used some really sh*tty Russian cigarette tobacco in his Dunhill pipe but hey ho it takes all types to make a world.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
I was thinking about him the other day strangely enough. So many people come and go from here that this place can be a veritable revolving door of humanity at times. All I remember was he was adamant that Joe Stalin smoked Royal Yacht and from everything I have heard he smoked Edgeworth and used to crumble up Herzegovina Flor cigarettes and put it in his pipe for his everyday smoke. I must admit it sounds rather nasty to me and not unlike cutting up Camel unfiltered and sticking it in your best Dunhill but hey when you are the 'Boss' I suppose you can do whatever you like and bug-gar the consequences! :oops:

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Wow. That's a new one.
there are a few. It certainly seems to require an ability to ignore certain things. One of the biggest fans of his I met had a huge long very proud of military career in the U.S. Army. Super smart dude too. Weirdly on like so many subjects when I'd talk with him I'd be like yeah I agree so much and then sharp hard turns into "I don't have any fing clue how you could think that". Great guy by the way too. My point is people are weird and some more so then others.

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
Some info about Makhorka, you may use Google Translate to translate the page to English

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
I left out the ritual. A hard tap of the filter end to remove loose tobacco, a hard tap of the tobacco end to seat loose tobacco (Russian cigarettes aren't particularly well packed), a pinch of the filter, apply fire and enjoy.

Reactions: jvnshr

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
@warren 1/3 from the end of the tube you crush it between your finger and your thumb. With your other finger and thumb crush the other end to form the mouthpiece. Apply fire and enjoy. You know they used to go for a surprisingly long time! Never got a cough from smoking those cigarettes ever and the same with the loose tobacco.

Reactions: jvnshr

Zack Miller

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 13, 2020
Fort Worth, Texas
Here’s a review I found.
i managed to get myself a pouch of russian makhorka (nicotina rustica grown in russia), and boy oh boy...does it taste good

it just tastes like an old codger blend with a bit more bite and body to it

but the strength?, oh my sweet baby jesus if you smoke a pipe larger than a mini cob filled with it your head will spin

cut: powder, it is esentially cut into the most miniscule flakes its almost like its made of factory floor sweepings

moisture: fossilized mastodon turd, you thought semois was dry?, well this is a few thousand degrees dryer than that

strength: 10/10, make sure you have a good seat when youre smoking it and take your time, otherwise you may fall down

taste: it simply tastes like a codger burley, like five guys, but with some bite to it, as the tobacco is so dry and such a fine cut it burns like a bon fire, other than that its fairly smooth and pleasant

overall: id give it about a 10/10 as it tastes pretty good and is cheap (cheap compared to uk tax price your mileage may vary)

bonus: it is universal tobacco like the old prince albert, so you can smoke it in a pipe or roll it in cigarette, be warned that if you dont use a filter you need to twist the end youre sucking on shut like a joint, otherwise you will inhale tiny bits of tobacco, which isnt too pleasant, and if you use king size or superking papers you will be close to death from the nicotine or atleast you will feel like it

Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
In Regards to Papyrosy Belomorkonal, and Other similar type of Russian Specialities such as Brands of Three Bogotirya (Three Giants) Balmoral and Putin Papirosy ,Today all these are mainly produced today by Pogar Cigarette and Cigar Factory (My and my kid brother used to smoke to smoke these quite in abundance in our youth)I have to say apart from the Papirosy 3 Boigotirya quality of tobacco used in these have declined quite significantly + due to recent increases in taxation prices went sky rocketing,and this resulted in dropping sales, consequently today it is very seldom to see that anybody is smoking these traditional cigarettes in Russia, in my opinion Papirosy Putin* are the strongest of all aforementioned(tobacco blend includes Dark Burely varieties)
aforementioned Pogorski Cigarette and Cigar Factory produces a wide array of pipetobaccies for domestic market only, very affordably priced product but in my opinion quality is average at best
5305.jpg12614.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: anotherbob

rajangan

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 14, 2018
Edmonton, AB
Reactions: anotherbob

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
@jvnshr Yes the link you shared. Strange!
Sorry about that, I access that website without any problem. Here are some pictures from that website

Mahorka.jpg

DSCN4040-e1452159865228-1024x655-1-1024x655.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.