PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

3rdguy

Lifer
Aug 29, 2017
Iowa
I just mailed a video game, Priority, for delivery 2 states over. Took 16 days and at 1 point it came back to my state.

Reactions: BROBS

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
I have been participating in Secret Santa event since 2016 and honestly I have always enjoyed the stalking part. I decided to participate in this (actually last) year's event as well, however later due to personal reasons I had to ask @woodsroad to remove my name from the list. He did that without a problem but after a few weeks or so he informed me about a package that was on its way to me. Dan's package is beyond this event, I am touched, I just don't know what to say. Thanks again Dan, I will update you guys once I receive the package.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
What with COVID, the ongoing USPS job action and the unfortunate war in Azerbaijan, I was seriously skeptical that my package would arrive on Javan’s doorstep. If and when it does, I will send the second half!

Javan, you are an integral part of the Secret Santa Extravaganza! There is no way that we’d leave you out of all the reindeer games.

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
I received a call from post office in the morning and went to pick it up during my lunch break. I can't thank @woodsroad enough. Here are the pictures:

Looks like one of the customer officers who has claws instead of fingers was interested in candies

20210122_151525.jpg

Haha, he couldn't reach tobacco, amazing cover Dan

20210122_151659.jpg

I was going to wait until Christmas, but life is too short

20210122_151604.jpg

I received two great tins of G. L. Pease blends, both being 20th Anniversary Limited Editions: Cumberland and Samarra. I have an unopened tin of Cumberland but Samarra was in my wishlist for a very long time.

20210122_154513.jpg

The postcard says

20210122_154348.jpg

Wait, does this mean that he took that photo and printed it?

20210122_154426.jpg

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
And so we close the final chapter on the Secret Santa 2020/21 Extravaganza.
Thank you everyone for playing along, especially those who kept this thread going with your frequent updates, encouragement, humor and sharing of the holiday spirit. A very special thank you goes out to those who volunteered to step in as elves, should something go south, and to Tim Lomprey, who went above and beyond the call of duty in making sure that everyone had something under the tree.

Have a great year, everyone.
See you back here in 10 months!

-Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.