SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Jun 23, 2019
It has prevented them from getting together in person for filming but they have filmed a number of episodes remotely via Zoom. Well, I assume they are using Zoom.
No, they have been doing them remotely for some time

Still a shame though, since the pandemic a lot of my favorite shows have gone remote, and there's definitely just that little bit of chemistry (of being in a room with someone, within reach) that seems to be missing.

EDIT: especially with the mystery tobacco show, the mischief and little games they play with each other works better in person.

Jwebb90

Lifer
Feb 17, 2020
Ruse, Bulgaria
Still a shame though, since the pandemic a lot of my favorite shows have gone remote, and there's definitely just that little bit of chemistry (of being in a room with someone, within reach) that seems to be missing.

EDIT: especially with the mystery tobacco show, the mischief and little games they play with each other works better in person.
I totally agree.

shaneireland

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 14, 2014
Conway, SC
www.smokingpipes.com
So, we just filmed this month's episode last Friday and there's a special guest "inquisitor" this month. We're filming the January Mystery Cigar Review tomorrow.

In general, we'll be bringing in more guests this year and have some really cool ones planned... it should be interesting and probably plenty embarrassing for those of us attempting the blind tastings!

While doing this stuff remotely isn't exactly ideal, we've actually found it to be beneficial in some ways. Mainly, the fact that it's not 3-4 people smoking in the same smallish room; it's much easier to taste/smell when you're not in a tobacco sauna... We plan keep filming these more-than-two-person videos this way going forward.

Thank you all for watching! It's always fun to test our tasters and to spend the last few minutes of the video justifying our (usually) incorrect guesses ?

Jun 18, 2020
Wilmington, NC
So, we just filmed this month's episode last Friday and there's a special guest "inquisitor" this month. We're filming the January Mystery Cigar Review tomorrow.

In general, we'll be bringing in more guests this year and have some really cool ones planned... it should be interesting and probably plenty embarrassing for those of us attempting the blind tastings!

While doing this stuff remotely isn't exactly ideal, we've actually found it to be beneficial in some ways. Mainly, the fact that it's not 3-4 people smoking in the same smallish room; it's much easier to taste/smell when you're not in a tobacco sauna... We plan keep filming these more-than-two-person videos this way going forward.

Thank you all for watching! It's always fun to test our tasters and to spend the last few minutes of the video justifying our (usually) incorrect guesses ?
Thanks Shane!!

Reactions: UncleRasta

UncleRasta

Lifer
Sep 26, 2019
Monterey, CA

Happy to hear it @shaneireland. I've been searching for it almost daily since mid-December. Happy to hear you'll all be back.

Merton

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 8, 2020
Boston, Massachusetts

In some ways i sort of like the remote setting. The personalities of the three of you are more readily apparent i think. What is the music? Is it just a loop or an actual piece? While i am a very infrequent cigar smoker i notice that the pipesmokers ( shane, andy and truett) all seem jovial and content and the cigar smokers (with the exception of shane) seem a little irritated. Although, this could be pipe smoker biaspuffy