PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

eslavs

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 19, 2019
Sarasota, Florida
I was lucky enough to score some of the G&H blends during this recent drop, which came in the mail today. Everything was as I expected until I got to my bag of Bob's.....

20210109_142639.jpg
I have a bunch of Bob's already, but it didn't look like this - what I got is a shag cut, definitely not flakes. Did I miss something, or has Bob's changed to Bob's Chocolate Shag? It really didn't smell much like Bob's either....

Reactions: JOHN72
Oct 7, 2016
I was lucky enough to score some of the G&H blends during this recent drop, which came in the mail today. Everything was as I expected until I got to my bag of Bob's.....

View attachment 59377
I have a bunch of Bob's already, but it didn't look like this - what I got is a shag cut, definitely not flakes. Did I miss something, or has Bob's changed to Bob's Chocolate Shag? It really didn't smell much like Bob's either....
Looks like a miscue to me, and if it doesn’t smell like BCF to you....

stuart

Lurker
Jun 9, 2015
looks a bit like GH Kentucky, I think that is a shag cut. Very distinctive taste...

canucklehead

Lifer
Aug 1, 2018
Alberta
If you email Smokingpipes they will help you out. I once got a random English blend instead of Sutliff Mello Peach. I really liked the mistaken English, and not only did Smokingpipes give me store credit, the customer service person emailed back and forth with me a bit trying to figure out what the English blend was, which was nice, and doing my own mystery tobacco review was fun.

eslavs

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 19, 2019
Sarasota, Florida
If you email Smokingpipes they will help you out. I once got a random English blend instead of Sutliff Mello Peach. I really liked the mistaken English, and not only did Smokingpipes give me store credit, the customer service person emailed back and forth with me a bit trying to figure out what the English blend was, which was nice, and doing my own mystery tobacco review was fun.
I just sent them an email and I know their customer service is top notch. It simply sucks that it happened with such a hard to get blend. Oh well.

Pipewizard420

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 28, 2020
Mis labeling happens sometimes especially with how much GH they have been bagging up the past few days. As Mentioned, let SP know and im sure they will make it right one way or another. Most pipe tobacco retailers have excellent customer service.

Jan 27, 2020
Nah, definitely shag, prob something akin to one of the dark Kendals. SP Customer Service is on it, as usual. I did order some of the Bob's square cut from Boswell. Looking forward to trying that as it sounds slightly different.

I meant square cut... I have some here, guess it's more of a semi-shredded flake.

Status
Not open for further replies.