PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

PipeDad33

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 27, 2020
Kansas
First of all saying hi to all them members here.

I have been a cigar smoker for just over two years now. I love the taste of a dark Maduro cigar but the price is catching up with me. Also the time involved just to smoke one is not always there. With all that I decided to try out pipe smoking a few days ago. I bought a Dr. Garbow Duke bent pipe and some Carter Hall and some Paladin Black Cherry tobacco. Not really knowing what I was doing I still enjoyed it even though the Paladin Black Cherry gave me tongue bite from smoking to hard and wet.

I am here to learn more about the hobby and fine tune my pipe smoking.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
First of all saying hi to all them members here.

I have been a cigar smoker for just over two years now. I love the taste of a dark Maduro cigar but the price is catching up with me. Also the time involved just to smoke one is not always there. With all that I decided to try out pipe smoking a few days ago. I bought a Dr. Garbow Duke bent pipe and some Carter Hall and some Paladin Black Cherry tobacco. Not really knowing what I was doing I still enjoyed it even though the Paladin Black Cherry gave me tongue bite from smoking to hard and wet.

I am here to learn more about the hobby and fine tune my pipe smoking.
nice though Paladin Black Cherry is one of the few blends I'd say is bad. So if you're enjoying that just wait till you find out about all the other blends out there. It's all up from there basically. I'll put it this way normally I'd say go slow pack light and dry out the tobacco when someone says they get tongue bite. Here I say try it and smoke something else. For example I'd say if you like maduro cigars try C&D Purple Cow it might not be your thing but you'll find it interesting at the least and it will open you up to what pipe tobacco can be. Carter Hall is a pretty popular blend around here with some folks. And finally sip the smoke that seems to be the trick.

Reactions: CoffeeAndBourbon

PipeDad33

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 27, 2020
Kansas
nice though Paladin Black Cherry is one of the few blends I'd say is bad. So if you're enjoying that just wait till you find out about all the other blends out there. It's all up from there basically. I'll put it this way normally I'd say go slow pack light and dry out the tobacco when someone says they get tongue bite. Here I say try it and smoke something else. For example I'd say if you like maduro cigars try C&D Purple Cow it might not be your thing but you'll find it interesting at the least and it will open you up to what pipe tobacco can be. Carter Hall is a pretty popular blend around here with some folks. And finally sip the smoke that seems to be the trick.
Hey thanks for the advice. I went to Reddit and youtube for some basic advice and general tips.
I agree the Paladin in not very good at all. living in a small town with very limited selection of tobacco kind of limited me so I just randomly choose those two. I have a small order that should be coming tomorrow and then went a bit crazy on a bid site. Those should be here this week sometime. I'll definitely try out that Purple cow.

Reactions: anotherbob

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Hey thanks for the advice. I went to Reddit and youtube for some basic advice and general tips.
I agree the Paladin in not very good at all. living in a small town with very limited selection of tobacco kind of limited me so I just randomly choose those two. I have a small order that should be coming tomorrow and then went a bit crazy on a bid site. Those should be here this week sometime. I'll definitely try out that Purple cow.
very nice. I just have to add that your name here gives me an image of a whole family of pipe smokers. Even the baby has a modified pacifier.

Status
Not open for further replies.