PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 26, 2020
Northern California
Thank you.
I also find it interesting to look at early pipes and follow the shape changes - and sometimes the reasons for said changes - that took place in the succeeding four hundred plus years.
I should have however put a ruler alongside to show how small the bowls really are.
That would be good. I’m a history buff myself

May 2, 2020
Louisiana
Back from the hospital where they put a couple of stents in my heart. Celebrating with a bowl of MacB's Vanilla Flake in the Karl Erik.
View attachment 53632
Damn, man. I missed this! I hope all is well. I’ve only been under general anesthesia once, to get tendons repaired from a bad laceration, and I was a friggin’ nervous wreck going into the surgery!

virkia

Lifer
Jan 30, 2020
Interesting. What types of tobaccos were available In that period?
Whereas today tobacco finds its way to the pipe smoker from such diverse regions as Africa, Asia, Europe, North and South America back in the 16th and 17th centuries it was only coming to the UK from Virginia and the Carolinas so nothing too exotic but as pure Virginia tobacco is what dreams are made of I don't reckon the early pipers were too badly served.

Apr 26, 2020
Northern California
Whereas today tobacco finds its way to the pipe smoker from such diverse regions as Africa, Asia, Europe, North and South America back in the 16th and 17th centuries it was only coming to the UK from Virginia and the Carolinas so nothing too exotic but as pure Virginia tobacco is what dreams are made of I don't reckon the early pipers were too badly served.
I bet there palate was really in tuned to the flavor of unadulterated straight wholesome goodness

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
Glorious CONDOR RR in a Meer...
555VXJY.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Relaxing after a wonderful salad, flounder and sugar snap peas dinner with a scoop of strawberry ice cream for dessert. Just passing the first third of this bowl of year 2005 Sam Gawith Kendall Plug in a 1983 medium bend black sandblasted silver band Peterson Donegal 805 Bulldog with a taped black vulcanite p-lip saddle stem. It's a small bowl, but perfect for when you don't want a long smoke. Watching The Untouchables.

Status
Not open for further replies.