PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

GlassMan

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 13, 2020
Tempe
Zippo is my personal favorite lighter of all time. My first girlfriend bought me a Led Zeppelin one for Christmas one year in high school. LOVE the look and tactile feel of them. For a pipe, I prefer butane. I can smell a zippo across the room. I’ll be honest, I have yet to ever try a zippo on a pipe. I use a kiribi old boy style pipe lighter. Love it, but it’s almost like it’s the opposite of wind proof.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Zippo is my personal favorite lighter of all time. My first girlfriend bought me a Led Zeppelin one for Christmas one year in high school. LOVE the look and tactile feel of them. For a pipe, I prefer butane. I can smell a zippo across the room. I’ll be honest, I have yet to ever try a zippo on a pipe. I use a kiribi old boy style pipe lighter. Love it, but it’s almost like it’s the opposite of wind proof.
they're great with the pipe inserts. Easy to use and burns cooler then a bic. Never used a Kiribi I try not to spend that much on something that can fall out of ones pocket :)

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
I have an IM Corona Old Boy, because I wanted a good lighter I could control the flame size on.

SPC also sold me on it!

SPC has a deal with the lighters, if you buy it through them, after the two year warranty runs out, they cover it there, so it’s covered for life.

I only smoke indoors and the deal seemed to good to pass up. :)

Recon Paul

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 29, 2020
New Jersey, US
I use a zippo, because when I realized that running out of matches relighting was going to be a problem, I wanted to go with a pipe lighter I knew I could trust.

Reactions: Pallidan