Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to jar everything... but the 4 lbs of Daughters & Ryan I bought recently are saved in their original bags. Since jars take too much space and Daughters & Ryan come dry anyway, I thought it can’t hurt. Time will tell if I am right.

The 4 lbs of D&R are 2 each of Rimboche SJ and Rimboche AP

Does anyone just keep unopened pound bags, in their bags untill opened?

I keep buying pounds, but the jars take up so much space.....but I'm thinking that I smoke it fast enough, that they will be fine in the bags for some time. It's already very dry as well so I'm not worried about that, or the aging aspect.

What about the company themselves? How long do they keep the bags, untill they go " bad"? Indefinitely?

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
I used to jar everything... but the 4 lbs of Daughters & Ryan I bought recently are saved in their original bags. Since jars take too much space and Daughters & Ryan come dry anyway, I thought it can’t hurt. Time will tell if I am right.

The 4 lbs of D&R are 2 each of Rimboche SJ and Rimboche AP
Exactly!

Within a week, I'll have 7 pounds on hand. And many more to come. Bags are just easier.

logs

Lifer
Apr 28, 2019
Within a week, I'll have 7 pounds on hand. And many more to come. Bags are just easier.

Their bags are thick so I expect it will keep it smokable condition for at least a year or two, after that who knows. Most people around here are fanatical about aging though and plastic bags aren't the way to go with that.

Jan 27, 2020
Not here. During the summer I thought people were just putting up produce from their COVID gardens, but we should be seeing more jars by now if that’s all it was.

I actually did some jarring, not just of tobacco I mean, actually cracked open some pickled leeks yesterday. Anyways, I see Bell jars currently available at a slew of grocery stores.

Status
Not open for further replies.