PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 6, 2019
AL/GA
I'm not sure about now, but in the past sheetrock mud had bad shit in it.. Be careful with building materials. I had developed the worst cough a few years ago, I believe it was from sheetrock dust.. when I got a new job, my cough went away. Until recently even baby powder contained asbestos..

**I'd be especially careful with the quick set mud.

STP

Lifer
Sep 8, 2020
Northeast USA
I’ll work... It might come loose after a while from expansion and contraction due to heat. If so, just refill again. This would work better, but more expensive...
05C2910C-3EFD-4F97-8296-C55A5105B7AD.png

Dec 6, 2019
AL/GA
I've been trying to smoke the varnish out of a new MM Hardwood, and I'm not convinced that they use healthy materials... deadly, healthy, or neither, I'm going to smoke through it regardless.. but this latest one taste extremely rough.

what I'm saying is... is there an agency that checks pipes for toxic materials anyway?

Reactions: weezell

fightnhampster

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 14, 2019
Indiana
I've been trying to smoke the varnish out of a new MM Hardwood, and I'm not convinced that they use healthy materials... deadly, healthy, or neither, I'm going to smoke through it regardless.. but this latest one taste extremely rough.

what I'm saying is... is there an agency that checks pipes for toxic materials anyway?

I've wondered the same thing. I have seen inside some MM cobbs where are the bonding agent they use to secure the stem to the bowl has come out into the bowl. I didn't smoke those.

Status
Not open for further replies.