PipesandCigars(dotcom) -- What in the World?? I am Confused.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

2 Fresh Pete Prevost Pipes
12 Fresh Dunhill Pipes
9 Fresh Bruno Nuttens Pipes
24 Fresh Barling Pipes
24 Fresh Neerup Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

drumdude777

Lurker
Jan 18, 2020
EDIT: Fixed Capitalization in Title (See Rule 9)

Hi guys,

Im honestly confused. Can anyone else tell me if they have experienced this from P&C? :

I put in an order last wednesday, almost a week ago, and it's stuck in processing. That's not even what's so odd about this. I have submitted a contact request form (no reply), called multiple times on multiple days (during open hours, and no answer after holding forever), I have messaged them on facebook several times over multiple days and they see the messages but no reply. I have emailed their email address and no reply.

I am flabbergasted that such a seemingly-large company just flat ignores people like this. Anyone else ever see this?

Last edited by a moderator:

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Hi guys,

Im honestly confused. Can anyone else tell me if they have experienced this from P&C? :

I put in an order last wednesday, almost a week ago, and it's stuck in processing. That's not even what's so odd about this. I have submitted a contact request form (no reply), called multiple times on multiple days (during open hours, and no answer after holding forever), I have messaged them on facebook several times over multiple days and they see the messages but no reply. I have emailed their email address and no reply.

I am flabbergasted that such a seemingly-large company just flat ignores people like this. Anyone else ever see this?
yeah I've never had aggravation with them but have heard enough stories that say not worth it unless they're the only ones that have something at a reasonable price. They seem to be a volume seller more then a customer service based operation.

drumdude777

Lurker
Jan 18, 2020
... They seem to be a volume seller more then a customer service based operation.

I see what you mean. I'm just kinda shocked to see this kind of thing from a company that seems like more than a single guy out of his own garage. Or maybe it is just that, who knows. Ridiculous.

• Love
Reactions: anotherbob

Sloopjohnbee

Lifer
May 12, 2019
Atlantic Coast USA
Hi guys,

Yes it happens all the time - let's just say that they are Difficult with a big D - there's enough threading on this forum alone to illustrate problematic service- overall they get a C+ from me - many would deem them F territory - Call them on the phone - maybe you'll get lucky with a decent and courteous rep.

3rdguy

Lifer
Aug 29, 2017
Iowa
Hi guys,

In account details does it showing anything b/o for that order?

SoliDeoGloria

Lurker
Nov 18, 2020
Bluegrass, KY
Hi guys,

Yes!

I just called them yesterday as I ordered on 11/15 and after being on hold for half an hour, FINALLY got to speak to a live human, and it STILL hasn't been shipped. Status only changed today to "Preparing to Ship" but the customer service lady told me there's no excuse and they are sending it free shipping. I'm hopeful they throw in an extra or two in the shipment.

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
There have been many P&C horror stories to give a person fair warning no to deal with these guys. But, if you must, place your order and then just wait patiently for your stuff to arrive. It will probably get there eventually.

Reactions: FurCoat and Casual

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
There have been many P&C horror stories to give a person fair warning no to deal with these guys. But, if you must, place your order and then just wait patiently for your stuff to arrive. It will probably get there eventually.
yeah. The fact is problems happen the question is how well they're dealt with. And P&C doesn't seem to care enough.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
P&C would seem to be something of a Jekyll and Hyde experience. I've ordered from them for years and except for one order that was delayed after they installed their bugfest of a tracking system have had no significant issues with them.
I gather that they are experiencing some staffing issues at the moment. Might be Covid related, but they ain't talking. I think I'll quarantine my incoming shipment for ten days.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
Any problems I’ve had with them in the past have been set right immediately. I always hear these stories on the forums though, so, either they just really, really like me or I’m lucky, I’m guessing it’s the latter. I hope everything works out in the end, chap, I’m thinking it will. 99.9% of my domestic orders are through SPC and they are the absolute best online vendor in the States in my opinion. However, if P&C has something that I want, I won’t hesitate to order from them... well, unless it’s Esoterica, I won’t ever order Esoterica blends from them again.

fightnhampster

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 14, 2019
Indiana
Like Sable I have not had any horrendous issues with them, but many have.

Another member with a similar issue here was told by them that they were having some staffing trouble. Its unfortunate. In general, the more companies doing well selling tobacco the better. I want them all to do well,

I do not go out of my way to avoid them, but they are not the first place I go to when I purchase something.

drumdude777

Lurker
Jan 18, 2020
A litmus test for being a real pipe smoker is getting bent over a barrel by P&C for a banged up box with a broken free ashtray in it a couple of times.
LOL nice. I guess I am officially in the club now then. To the guy who asked if anything was backordered: nothing was marked backordered.

Here's an update: I called their local line for Cigars International (same company) and chose "I want to place an order" and finally got a nice lady. She apologized and said something about "being swomped" and transferred me to a guy who said something about my order not going through because they have a lot of "fraudulent orders because of COVID" lately, or something like this. Not sure what that meant. Said it was leaving today.

Then 20 minutes later I get an email from them about a problem with my payment/order and to call them and resolve it. LOL. I called and was put on hold for a long time. Sound familiar? I hung up. The payment was already charged on my card...it didnt need to even go through again.

Anyway, thanks for allowing me to vent, guys.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Too many botched orders, damaged tons, and double charged for an order I never received. I won't touch them anymore.

• Wow
Reactions: anotherbob
Funny story...

I ordered from them - Only once! It was packed fantastic and arrived promptly (Much quicker than other vendors but I am literally next door, in NJ), with no issues at all. I was very happy

They did however put two temp authorizations on my Paypal. I didn’t bother as it’s only a temp authorization- However as of today (after almost 3 months) the duplicate temp auth is still in my paypal account

• Wow
Reactions: hawky454
Status
Not open for further replies.