PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swampy16

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 12, 2020
So washing your bowl with water won’t hurt the pipe? What about used pipes that have never had a water flush?

So washing your bowl with water won’t hurt the pipe? What about used pipes that have never had a water flush?
What do you suspect would happen?
I've been doing this for a few years now, artisan and high end pipes, estate pipes, etc... no problems. Actually a couple of pipes that were having problems resolved when I started using the water method.

Nov 30, 2020
I only have 1 pipe and just got it 'bout 3 weeks ago. I bring it everywhere and make it smoke around 5-12 bowls a day, I wipe it with paper towel everytime a bowl is finished. I do deep cleaning it regularly every 3 days with injected hot water+salt solution to all the part, except the outside ofc. I brush inside the shank, the stem and the draught hole, then I wipe again with cotton. I give it a rest a day?? Nope!! Even after deep cleaning, I just make it a rest an hour and still take some bowls to go before I sleep..Actually I dont wanna make any cake, but still I build a thin layer of cake, it's all hard like rock and black shining...I don't meet some serious ghosting issue, I have 4 different tobacco; pure Virginia, pure Temanggung, aromatic vanilla, and strawberry flavored. Sometimes I just put one kind for a bowl then the next bowl I changed it, sometimes blend the virginia and temanggung, sometimes put some tea also into both of original kind..well, I'm just guessing if it's bad for my pipe or not since I'm new into pipe smoking. Any comment and advice would be pleased. Thanks.DSC_0561.JPGDSC_0561.JPG

Attachments

• 16067824812155324374082786075497.jpg
    16067824812155324374082786075497.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 1

LEP7cv

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 19, 2020
Portugal
So, as a new pipe smoker, this thread taught me....drumroll..... nothing. I like my pipes decently clean, I'm not obsessive with the cleaning, after I smoke I use a pipe cleaner and a paper towel. But everyone is diferent and find diferent things that work for them. Wishing you all a good 2021 puffy

Status
Not open for further replies.