PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pantsBoots

Lifer
Jul 21, 2020
Terra Firma
Was feeling in a bit of a cigar mood this evening, so pulled out a Johnny O. I've had it a while - I believe it's a World Famous 1966 vitola.

Scent of the cigar is rich barnyard and dry draw tasted of butter cream.
1st third is familiar barnyard & light sugarcane, typical of many Cuban custom/farm rolls, with notes of cream and citrus flitting in and out.
2nd third got much richer with light earth, musty forest floor/mushroom (almost like a Davidoff), cocoa and deep sugarcane notes.
Last third is deep, dark earth with the forest floor being joined by a some woody notes and light fruitiness on the finish.

All in all, Johnny O offers some fantastic cigars (when they're available!) at a fair price, with great construction and they age a dream.
IMG_20201105_172707333.jpg

jmg81

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 8, 2019
Camp Humphreys, South Korea
Was feeling in a bit of a cigar mood this evening, so pulled out a Johnny O. I've had it a while - I believe it's a World Famous 1966 vitola.

Scent of the cigar is rich barnyard and dry draw tasted of butter cream.
1st third is familiar barnyard & light sugarcane, typical of many Cuban custom/farm rolls, with notes of cream and citrus flitting in and out.
2nd third got much richer with light earth, musty forest floor/mushroom (almost like a Davidoff), cocoa and deep sugarcane notes.
Last third is deep, dark earth with the forest floor being joined by a some woody notes and light fruitiness on the finish.

All in all, Johnny O offers some fantastic cigars (when they're available!) at a fair price, with great construction and they age a dream.
View attachment 49960
Love me some johnny Os. Need to order some soon, as my stock is low.

jmg81

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 8, 2019
Camp Humphreys, South Korea
Nica libre 25th anni from 2016. Won a 5er of these on auction with a minimim bid. This is my first one of the 5.

Rumor has it that the regular nica libre line are repackaged padron 2nds (x000 series), and therefore these 25th annys are like the 1964/1926 line, so i thought, why not. Its at least 70-80% close. $20-$30 cigar taste for less than $2? Yes, please, all day everyday. I wonder if i can still get em for that cheap.

20201107_000827.jpg

May 2, 2020
Louisiana
Nica libre 25th anni from 2016. Won a 5er of these on auction with a minimim bid. This is my first one of the 5.

Rumor has it that the regular nica libre line are repackaged padron 2nds (x000 series), and therefore these 25th annys are like the 1964/1926 line, so i thought, why not. Its at least 70-80% close. $20-$30 cigar taste for less than $2? Yes, please, all day everyday. I wonder if i can still get em for that cheap.

View attachment 50117
Getting anything with a minimum bid is like Christmas, but especially if they turn out to be great! Good find. ?

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan

View attachment 50117

I have one of those sitting in my humidor since Dec 2016, it came in a sampler from cigar.com.

Status
Not open for further replies.