PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Swampy16

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 12, 2020
I strongly recommend the special edition MM cobs that come with acrylic stems. They are around $24.99 instead of $5 or $10, but the stems last for decades as do the cob portions often. It is less expensive that buying an acrylic stem separately, as a package.
So I’m guessing this would be a good smoke in that pipe. I really like this stuff btw.

Attachments

• 0D144498-9C0D-4920-9FB5-D9565E7A6FCB.jpeg
    0D144498-9C0D-4920-9FB5-D9565E7A6FCB.jpeg
    133.9 KB · Views: 17

J.GANDY

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 12, 2020
Savannah,Georgia
I think some people avoid cob pipes because they think they look too folksy, but I think they provide a nice counterpoint to a jacket and tie or nice sports clothes, and they go great with bib overalls and jeans too. They are equalizing, in a good way, to me.
I agree, especially something like a poker or devil anse with a nice coat and tie. Very sharp!

highwaycobbery

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 14, 2015
North cacallaky
I have about 100 briars/meers but the pipes that I grab Are always my cobs. I have never had a bad smoke in one, and if you treat them like any of your briars they will last FOREVER. My daily smoker is a mm elf cobbit with the ice blue military forever stem and I have been smoking it daily for four years. I do not own a better smoking pipe.

Misanthrope

Can't Leave
Apr 26, 2020
Texas
They’re excellent value for the money, tend to smoke very well, are pretty forgiving when you’re new to pipe smoking (especially with so-called codger tobaccos, which are very forgiving as well), and are inexpensive enough that if something happens to them, you’re nowhere near as gutted as you’d be with a much more expensive pipe.

Cobs don’t really suit my tastes aesthetically, but I have a pair of nice ones from MM nevertheless, because I believe every pipe smoker should own at least one.