PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 16, 2020
Good Morning, all!

I'm a new pipe smoker (going on about a month now) from North Georgia and an avid lurker of the forum. Currently a Seminary student which is partly why I started smoking! Machen once spoke of Old Princeton's smell of pipe tobacco and said, "When I think what a wonderful aid tobacco is to friendship and Christian patience I have sometimes regretted that I never began to smoke." It was upon reading this that I felt the pull to begin smoking pipe with my occasional beer. As someone who struggles with ADD, focusing when reading Bavinck, preparing a sermon, or memorizing Greek is tough. But smoking a pipe while I'm studying or writing helps me to slow down, helps me to think through what I'm saying and what I'm reading. So far I've greatly enjoyed PS' Luxury Navy Flake in my basket bent billiard pipe. I'm on the hunt for a cheap Savinelli 106 but might have to wait until Christmas. For now, this basket pipe is smoking pretty well from what I can tell! Anyways, glad to finally be posting here and I look forward to getting to know you all.

Jwebb90

Lifer
Feb 17, 2020
Ruse, Bulgaria
Good Morning, all!

I'm a new pipe smoker (going on about a month now) from North Georgia and an avid lurker of the forum. Currently a Seminary student which is partly why I started smoking! Machen once spoke of Old Princeton's smell of pipe tobacco and said, "When I think what a wonderful aid tobacco is to friendship and Christian patience I have sometimes regretted that I never began to smoke." It was upon reading this that I felt the pull to begin smoking pipe with my occasional beer. As someone who struggles with ADD, focusing when reading Bavinck, preparing a sermon, or memorizing Greek is tough. But smoking a pipe while I'm studying or writing helps me to slow down, helps me to think through what I'm saying and what I'm reading. So far I've greatly enjoyed PS' Luxury Navy Flake in my basket bent billiard pipe. I'm on the hunt for a cheap Savinelli 106 but might have to wait until Christmas. For now, this basket pipe is smoking pretty well from what I can tell! Anyways, glad to finally be posting here and I look forward to getting to know you all.
Are you a student at RTS?

Sep 16, 2020
My two favorite classes have been Covenant Theology with Ligon Duncan and the Pentateuch with John Currid. I wonder if I know your friend?
Derrick Brite is his name. Duncan's RTS iTunesU lecture is exactly where I send people who want to know more of P&R covenant theology as opposed to the confessional stance (especially since the iTunesU lectures spend some time on Kline who agrees with us on some important distinctions). I'm an OT guy. OT was my focus in undergrad and has been in my MDiv and will be if I get a PhD. Dr. Currid's work is fantastic! Love his Exodus set as well. Would be blessed to take a class with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.