PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I saw Herb Grinders mentioned as used for grinding pipe tobacco flakes, coins, etc and am interested. Like to see what others think about how they work. Anyone here use one? Others - would you use a grinder?
They work just fine.

20190510_0218111.jpg

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
My wife gifted me with a little hand grater, probably intended mostly for weed smokers, but entirely useful for breaking down tobacco to a finer cut. It is entirely manual, which I prefer; life is too full of corded or battery operated appliances. Mostly I hand rub blends that seem to need that, but for a more uniform and flammable cut, this works well.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
This is what I picture it looks like when you guys are out buying your weed grinders.

View attachment 42818
personally I hate those weed grinders. I always think what are your fingers broken? You can't do it by hand? And even more so for flakes. Now that I've publicly made fun of them, I'll be raving about how great they are in about a month.
Oh and the real reason to own one for weed is to break it out and catch the resin that falls from the other persons weed who doesn't have a grinder. Seriously that's probably the main reason those darn things are so popular.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I always think what are your fingers broken? You can't do it by hand?
I'm not saying it's superior or anything, but scissors are a much overlooked option for processing tobacco. And if you don't already own scissors, I'm not sure you can be trusted with fire either.

Arthritic hands and carpal tunnel in both wrists.

Status
Not open for further replies.