PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
I find it unfair. What if I plan to purchase as a “lifelong customer” and this could be the “lifelong customer’s” last purchase? A poor strategy to stay afloat these days.

Reactions: guylesss

guylesss

Can't Leave
May 13, 2020
Brooklyn, NY
It’s pretty dumb, isn’t it?

you pretty much have to have an “in” or be tipped off to get any.
Until the bubble burst in February 1637, the wildly bullish speculation of "tulip mania" swept Europe. And Brillat-Savarin writes of fortunes squandered at 19th century Paris restaurants on dishes of roast turkey stuffed with truffles.

But, yes, pretty effing dumb--myself probably if reluctantly included.

kola

Lifer
Apr 1, 2014
Colorado Rockies, Cripple Creek region
Unless I sit at my PC 24 hours a day I guess I'll continue to buy form the scalpers. And please save me from hearing the same old stories of how to kiss ass with B&M's to get it. Or the other stories that I need to call or email the hundreds of tobacco stores around the globe on a regular a basis to get just a bag or two. Comical shit.

skeeter456

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 28, 2017
Plattsburgh NY
I find it unfair. What if I plan to purchase as a “lifelong customer” and this could be the “lifelong customer’s” last purchase? A poor strategy to stay afloat these days.

In those 13 years i have spent a lot of money with them..a lot. Its called being a loyal customer. Not only do i buy pipe tobacco but boxes of cigars from them.

guylesss

Can't Leave
May 13, 2020
Brooklyn, NY
Unless I sit at my PC 24 hours a day I guess I'll continue to buy from the scalpers. And please save me from hearing the same old stories of how to kiss ass with B&M's to get it. Or the other stories that I need to call or email the hundreds of tobacco stores around the globe on a regular a basis to get just a bag or two. Comical shit.
I hear you. But I have to admit I fell off my chair laughing when I phoned a "B&M" this morning in Alabama--within 24 hours of the "drop"-- and they answered the phone with the cheery salutation, "No Esoterica. . . ."

ofafeather

Lifer
Apr 26, 2020
Where NY, CT & MA meet
I think it’s reasonable. It’s a private business. They only get a small quantity. It’s more unfair to price gouge but people pay. We could always have a lottery, but I would never win, even if I were the only one entered. ? I was most excited about the whiff of Kingfisher and Pelican, 2 favorite of mine, but TBH, there’s so much great stuff to smoke and life’s too short. Enjoy the abundance while we can. Others are not so lucky.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
I think it’s reasonable. It’s a private business. They only get a small quantity. It’s more unfair to price gouge but people pay. We could always have a lottery, but I would never win, even if I were the only one entered. ? I was most excited about the whiff of Kingfisher and Pelican, 2 favorite of mine, but TBH, there’s so much great stuff to smoke and life’s too short. Enjoy the abundance while we can. Others are not so lucky.
I can see that. It’s just frustrating when everything is sold out from under you before it’s even available for sale.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
Unless I sit at my PC 24 hours a day I guess I'll continue to buy form the scalpers. And please save me from hearing the same old stories of how to kiss ass with B&M's to get it. Or the other stories that I need to call or email the hundreds of tobacco stores around the globe on a regular a basis to get just a bag or two. Comical shit.
I got some tins but it’s honestly stupid. 1 tin limit makes it pretty rough ... and no 8oz bags of anything I want available.
the tins are a ripoff compared to the bags.