PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

TinCup

Can't Leave
Nov 14, 2019
Indian Ocean
I'm still here because I feel certain someone is gonna go on a pipe/tobacco related virtual rampage (probably involving a postal/delivery service) cray and I'll either need to :

A] Talk them down
B] Find out their address to raid the cellar
C] Point & Stare
D] All of the above

davek

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 20, 2014
Oh man I was heavy on Bladeforums for years.
The site owner lives here in Louisville and has a nice shop.

In fact, before I fell in to pipes my main expensive hobby was knives.
I semi-regret selling a couple Shirogorovs to fund some of my first big pipe and tobacco purchases.
I remember you on there, if I'm not mistaken. Bladeforums is the only forum I have ever paid for, for a couple years anyway.
I hadn't been on on some time and just started stopping back in occasionally lately. It's weird seeing all new members chat.
The Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades section where I hung out was (is) even more civilized and well moderated than this forum. The General area was like the Old West for when you wanted that.
At 65, I am actually shrinking my collection. I got many of my old folders for a song at yard sales and I don't want them to be sold for a song at a yard sale when I pass.
Plebeian, value but quality, taste in knives as well as tobacco. I have a bit of a USA made Schrade collection.

Reactions: Casual

bluegrassbrian

Your Mom's Favorite Pipe Smoker
Aug 27, 2016
Louisville
I remember you on there, if I'm not mistaken. Bladeforums is the only forum I have ever paid for, for a couple years anyway.
I hadn't been on on some time and just started stopping back in occasionally lately. It's weird seeing all new members chat.
The Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades section where I hung out was (is) even more civilized and well moderated than this forum. The General area was like the Old West for when you wanted that.
At 65, I am actually shrinking my collection. I got many of my old folders for a song at yard sales and I don't want them to be sold for a song at a yard sale when I pass.
Plebeian, value but quality, taste in knives as well as tobacco. I have a bit of a USA made Schrade collection.
I haven’t been on in several years but I’m pretty sure I used the same SN.

I loved the Independent knife makers for sale forum.. so many great knives were being made and sold at reasonable prices before the tv boom.

Reactions: Casual and BROBS

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
I check in with the forum daily to see what discussions peak my interest. I probably read and respond to less than 10% of what is available on a daily basis.

Reactions: BROBS

ChickenT00th

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 30, 2020
I'm pretty new here, have been looking at the forum and the website for a few years but recently decided to make an account and start posting/responding. After lurking for so long, this seemed like a very positive space to talk about pipe smoking with people of all walks of life and some even some masters that I've come to know and respect through reviews, knowledge drops, podcast interviews, etc.

These days every corner of the internet is riddled with negativity. People seem love to take to the internet to rant about anything they want to anyone who will read, and frankly I am just so sick of that. I've certainly been guilty of it in the past, but these days I just keep it to myself as to not add to the noise. Or I get my frustrations out by playing music and creating art. It doesn't seem like much of that negativity goes on here on this site and if it does it's taken care of quickly enough so that I've never seen it. Outside of a rant about a tobacco, pipe manufacture, or shipping woes - things seem to be pretty light and good hearted here. That's what I really enjoy about this site and why I try to chime in as a new person here when I feel like I have something good to add. It's a good community.

Status
Not open for further replies.