Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Misanthrope

Can't Leave
Apr 26, 2020
Texas
Never heard of it. I just find it unnerving that someone would be getting updates on my every activity on the forum or that they would even want them.

It does feel a little stalker-ish, doesn’t it? I think it’s the follower anonymity that ratchets up the unnerving nature. It might not be AS bad if you knew who was following you...like, on Twitter, I can see exactly who is following me, but on Reddit, followers are anonymous, and there’s this weird feeling that comes with knowing that there are 30-something random people following you around and watching you, and they’re all wearing trench coats and funny mustaches.

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
It does feel a little stalker-ish, doesn’t it? I think it’s the follower anonymity that ratchets up the unnerving nature. It might not be AS bad if you knew who was following you.
You can see who is following you.
Click on your name under your avatar. Click on your name again in your profile and click on "about". Shows who is following you and who you are following.

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
It's there to keep Embers on his toes.

Folks, don't Follow someone if he asks that you don't.

Me, I'm shooting for 1,000 followers.

So when you get 1000 followers, I say make a run for president. By the time you are asked for your credentials, you'll have 2000. Reference this board, known not very far and too wide for its opportunistic sagacity and liberal intake of BROBS' roach ooze. You're a natural!

Jun 9, 2018
England
It does feel a little stalker-ish, doesn’t it? I think it’s the follower anonymity that ratchets up the unnerving nature. It might not be AS bad if you knew who was following you...like, on Twitter, I can see exactly who is following me, but on Reddit, followers are anonymous, and there’s this weird feeling that comes with knowing that there are 30-something random people following you around and watching you, and they’re all wearing trench coats and funny mustaches.

It is all a bit Single White Female isn't it? But with more pipes, obviously.
This song sums it up perfectly. It's about stalking and the famous 'breath method' also.

Last edited:

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I'm mystified by the Follower feature. It sounds a little too much like Twitter or like stalking, but someone might find it useful. I think it is the subject of the thread and then the interplay that is interesting. Maybe if one member has a strong interest that you share? It's the members who I might not think to follow who often turn up the most interesting information or opinion.