PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Damnit you beat me to it!
But no I don't care for those shapes either. And I'm still not sure about that one. But I appreciate his talent as a pipe Carver Everytime I see one of his pipes.
Still trying to understand the reason behind the circumsized blast on the upper half of the bowl.

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
Damnit you beat me to it!
But no I don't care for those shapes either. And I'm still not sure about that one. But I appreciate his talent as a pipe Carver Everytime I see one of his pipes.

I was where you are with Rhodesian and Bulldog shapes, then bought one. Then bought another. And another .... They're now my favorite shape. They fit into the hand and smoke so good. Probably a third of my collection at this point.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Alasakan, sweet looking Rad and I am glad to hear you love how it smokes. It is hard to go wrong with a Rad or a Weaver both great artisans. Keep grabbing them when you can make sure they fit your weight and dimension criteria before you pull the trigger. Good luck.
Thanks, Harris!

This one is huge and I knew that full well. I ordered knowing I also had another very light, smaller pencil shank Rad on the way. A little poker:

5409AB4E-1DE8-412F-8A56-363C5C3D6AB5.jpeg

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
'Love the extraordinary blast contrasted with the smooth brim, and that slender saddle stem for emphasis. It was wise not to resist on old prejudices. I like 'dogs and Rhodies, but I wouldn't foist them on someone else. That pipe, sure.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
'Love the extraordinary blast contrasted with the smooth brim, and that slender saddle stem for emphasis. It was wise not to resist on old prejudices. I like 'dogs and Rhodies, but I wouldn't foist them on someone else. That pipe, sure.
Yeah, that contrast between the exquisite blast and birdseye rim was the primary driver for this purchase. Just a truly extraordinary house pipe. Part of what I don't like about bulldogs and rhodesians (other than the bulldog's extremely utilitarian industrial shape) is the rings. However, in this example, the rings accentuate the contrast between the two finishes which made them not only tolerable, but aesthetically pleasing.

Reactions: ofafeather
Status
Not open for further replies.