PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
I hate bulldogs. Most of you know this. I hate them so much I don’t even own any Rhodesians, because they are too much like Bulldogs. Until now.

This Rad Davis XXL Rhodesian Was just too beautiful not to make it the first Rhodie in my collection. The contrast of the smooth birdseye rim and ring grain sandblast was just too pretty to pass up.

And it’s a beast, coming in at just over 7 inches long, 2.5 tall, 3 wide with a 7/8 chamber. Can’t wait for it to arrive.

I still maintain I will never own a bulldog! But Rad flipped me on Rhodesians, so I guess I should never say never (but seriously, never).

D47F0311-DD5B-41C5-9061-BB01E3E32A3D.jpeg
73037B67-F729-4FD1-A304-F16268ECE183.jpeg
1A52BC05-2D42-4178-BF3C-889D06F32FF2.jpeg
E4557618-BFB5-4FC5-B0F6-1FDB7C812B28.jpeg
4035C2EE-4279-4E05-AE1A-E2A014EF6DCB.jpeg
21AED677-E211-40F8-A093-C3D7F87B0F91.jpeg

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
First, that's friggin beautiful.

Second, I have yet to see a Rad Davis I didn't think was nice. Some maybe not my style but still nice.

Third, I also am not a bulldog fan but I would own that particular one in a heartbeat.

Congratulations!
Ditto. I have two others. Both are among my favorite pipes.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
I have a dozen Rad pipes. Fantastic smokers and beautiful pipes. I wish he was still carving. That's a beauty you have there.
Yeah, the two I already have are incredible! So you and Harris own like, what, all of them? :ROFLMAO:

Yeah I sure wish he was cranking out new stuff as well, but all good things come to an end I guess. Luckily his work will continue to be enjoyed for decades!

Reactions: hoosierpipeguy
Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
Yeah, the two I already have are incredible! So you and Harris own like, what, all of them? :ROFLMAO:

Yeah I sure wish he was cranking out new stuff as well, but all good things come to an end I guess. Luckily his work will continue to be enjoyed for decades!

Rad put out a lot of pipes, we only have a small portion. You should see Harris's Rad collection, impressive. TnFan, Ken, also has a very impressive Rad collection. My first Rad is a smaller version of the one you just purchased and remains one of my favorite pipes. If you like Rad's work, you might wish to try Alden and Rubio. Like Rad, they know how to drill a pipe.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Rad put out a lot of pipes, we only have a small portion. You should see Harris's Rad collection, impressive. TnFan, Ken, also has a very impressive Rad collection. My first Rad is a smaller version of the one you just purchased and remains one of my favorite pipes. If you like Rad's work, you might wish to try Alden and Rubio. Like Rad, they know how to drill a pipe.
Been looking at Alden’s for a while (among others) but Bruce Weaver (speaking of good drilling!) and Rad have maxed out my budget of late, haha.

Reactions: shanez

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
I only have one Rad pipe, the orange Dublin that Harris keeps forgetting to sell me.

View attachment 34923

View attachment 34924
I know how you feel. My second favorite Bruce Weaver in my collection is the Hippo Tooth Dublin @chasingembers will soon be waterboarded for if I can catch his lanky ass in one of my skinny hillbilly traps (basically a rabbit snare baited with black frigate, moonshine flavored polident, and labradorite skull carvings). Not a far cry from “your” Rad Davis actually ?

BarrelProof

Lifer
Mar 29, 2020
The Last Frontier
That thing is ugly as shit bro. And I love Boswell’s.

Says the guy who, up until he saw the dark/rusticated bottom w/ double ring and light/Birdseye top bulldog I was smoking not 48 hours ago, claimed to hate everything about them and similar styles and now owns a dark/blasted bottom w/ double ring light/Birdseye top Rhodesian. Must be coincidence!

But, it’s 2020 so I won’t bulldog/Rhodesian shame you because I’m above that and this is a safe space.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I know how you feel. My second favorite Bruce Weaver in my collection is the Hippo Tooth Dublin @chasingembers will soon be waterboarded for if I can catch his lanky ass in one of my skinny hillbilly traps (basically a rabbit snare baited with black frigate, moonshine flavored polident, and labradorite skull carvings). Not a far cry from “your” Rad Davis actually ?
This tiny thing?

687_9805dublin1-1.jpg

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Says the guy who, up until he saw the dark/rusticated bottom w/ double ring and light/Birdseye top bulldog I was smoking not 48 hours ago, claimed to hate everything about them and similar styles and now owns a dark/blasted bottom w/ double ring light/Birdseye top Rhodesian. Must be coincidence!

But, it’s 2020 so I won’t bulldog/Rhodesian shame you because I’m above that and this is a safe space.
I appreciate that. Rhodesian Lives Matter!

Status
Not open for further replies.