PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 23, 2019
Still using and abusing my Nate King meerschaum Prince in hopes to put a nice initial coat of color on it - 2x2 mix of Solani Tropical Mango Flakes and PS Luxury Bullseye Flake

mH0O2tMl.jpg

hauntedmyst

Lifer
Feb 1, 2010
Chicago
What a day! Started out with a delicious bowl of GH&Co Best Brown Flake #2. After that, I headed out with my wife to meet some friends up north to go bike riding. After about 30 mins on 294 a van pulls up next to us and they yell "You dropped a bike!". Well crap. Pulled over and called the state police. They had my bike and maintenance offered to bring it to me. Woohoo! Woo....crap. Not one single thing was salvageable. Turns out the straps built into the rack just failed and the bike hit four cars. We never heard a thing. Thank God no one was hurt. So the police came by and we filled out a report. We meet our friends and they brought a spare bike and we biked with wonderful friends.

Now I'm smoking D&R Sweepin's. That's what's left over in the table after hearing bags of tobacco. It's not bad.

musicman

Lifer
Nov 12, 2019
Cincinnati, OH
What a day! Started out with a delicious bowl of GH&Co Best Brown Flake #2. After that, I headed out with my wife to meet some friends up north to go bike riding. After about 30 mins on 294 a van pulls up next to us and they yell "You dropped a bike!". Well crap. Pulled over and called the state police. They had my bike and maintenance offered to bring it to me. Woohoo! Woo....crap. Not one single thing was salvageable. Turns out the straps built into the rack just failed and the bike hit four cars. We never heard a thing. Thank God no one was hurt. So the police came by and we filled out a report. We meet our friends and they brought a spare bike and we biked with wonderful friends.

Now I'm smoking D&R Sweepin's. That's what's left over in the table after hearing bags of tobacco. It's not bad.
Wow! As a regular Mountain Biker who also uses a trunk rack attached with straps, this is one of my nightmare scenarios. I once had a strap break on the highway on the way to Colorado. Spent the rest of the trip looking in the rearview mirror. Glad nobody got hurt! What a day!

Status
Not open for further replies.