PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDudePiper

Lurker
Jun 14, 2020
Boston, MA
Hello fellow members!

Very excited to have found and joined this group. I have been a cigar smoker most of my life until about 2 years ago when I was on a LOTR and Hobbit movie binge and decided to get a pipe. I owe it to J.R.R. Tolkien for including his love pipe smoking in his writing for getting me into this wonderful world! My first pipe was obviously a churchwarden looking similar to Gandalf's but in the 2 years since I have learned a great deal about pipes and tobacco. I have enjoyed learning and building my collection of pipes and cellared tobacco. I look forward to learning a lot more and sharing anything I can with all of you!

Tommy Boy

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 28, 2020
Michigan
Welcome to the forum from S.W. Michigan. I would hazard a guess the trilogy and the hobbit series afterwords did alot for the pipe community and quite a few guys probably have similar stories.

TheDudePiper

Lurker
Jun 14, 2020
Boston, MA
Welcome to the forum from S.W. Michigan. I would hazard a guess the trilogy and the hobbit series afterwords did alot for the pipe community and quite a few guys probably have similar stories.
Yeah, they make it very appealing in those movies! BTW, I originally from SE Michigan, Ann Arbor area. Have family in SW Michigan I visit every so often. Have any recommendations for pipe/tobacco shops in that area?

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Welcome from central North Carolina. My ancestors on both sides were from Massachusetts; I grew up in the Chicago area; and my dad's family owned sandy soil summer farm in western Michigan near Muskegon, no electricity or running water. I think my grandma had an active pioneer fantasy and the energy to live it out.

Tommy Boy

Mar 28, 2020
Michigan
Yeah, they make it very appealing in those movies! BTW, I originally from SE Michigan, Ann Arbor area. Have family in SW Michigan I visit every so often. Have any recommendations for pipe/tobacco shops in that area?
Not alot going on in my area. We have a few cigar stores that may have some tins here and there and dang vap shops. Pipe tobaccos are pretty much unheard of. Pipe tobaccos around here if you can find it is like 3 bulk jars 2 of which are useually English blends and roll your own "pipe tobaccos ". Last place in town that sold basic stuff like captain black and Carter hall just closed a few months back. I do mail order for almost everything.

Reactions: jpmcwjr

TheDudePiper

Lurker
Jun 14, 2020
Boston, MA
Not alot going on in my area. We have a few cigar stores that may have some tins here and there and dang vap shops. Pipe tobaccos are pretty much unheard of. Pipe tobaccos around here if you can find it is like 3 bulk jars 2 of which are useually English blends and roll your own "pipe tobaccos ". Last place in town that sold basic stuff like captain black and Carter hall just closed a few months back. I do mail order for almost everything.
I mail order most too but like to stop in shops whenever I travel to check out the pipes and see if they might have anything special. Thanks!

Tommy Boy

Mar 28, 2020
Michigan
I mail order most too but like to stop in shops whenever I travel to check out the pipes and see if they might have anything special. Thanks!
Dont get me wrong i wish we had a store like Boswells or something around to go buy tins at and hang out or just window shop pipes. The people that have spots like that should really appreciate what they have.

Status
Not open for further replies.