PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I don't mean this in a distracting way, but Florida is a long state with a panhandle, so I guess someone in the state (as I am not) might wonder, is it south central, mid-central, north central or central panhandle, or does it matter? I'm a bit of a geography nerd, so I wondered.

radrick96

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 4, 2020
Orlando, Florida
I don't mean this in a distracting way, but Florida is a long state with a panhandle, so I guess someone in the state (as I am not) might wonder, is it south central, mid-central, north central or central panhandle, or does it matter? I'm a bit of a geography nerd, so I wondered.
When we say central Florida we mean Orlando area and surrounding cities.
Since you’re a geography nerd, here’s a joke for you...
I’m as southern as you can get. I was born in Richmond, VA. Haha

gamzultovah

Lifer
Aug 4, 2019
If anybody knows of a pipe club around central Florida, let me know. If not, let’s start one together?!
I live in Ocoee now and have lived in Downtown Orlando for 17 years and trust me, there are no clubs. The best pipe shop in the state is the Pipe Den in Vero Beach (IMO) and the best place to enjoy a pipe is Belicoso’s Cigars on Mills & Virginia just North of downtown. Now if you want to start a pipe club, I’m game.

radrick96

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 4, 2020
Orlando, Florida
I live in Ocoee now and have lived in Downtown Orlando for 17 years and trust me, there are no clubs. The best pipe shop in the state is the Pipe Den in Vero Beach (IMO) and the best place to enjoy a pipe is Belicoso’s Cigars on Mills & Virginia just North of downtown. Now if you want to start a pipe club, I’m game.
I’m going to have to call and see if he’s open and what his hours are during this pandemic. Maybe we can take a field trip in a couple weeks or so?

And I’m always down to smoke.

Reactions: hoosierpipeguy

gamzultovah

Lifer
Aug 4, 2019
I’m going to have to call and see if he’s open and what his hours are during this pandemic. Maybe we can take a field trip in a couple weeks or so?

And I’m always down to smoke.
Bob stayed open the entire time. I was just there last week to visit with him. The place is amazing and Bob is a wealth of knowledge. Let’s go sometime soon, you won’t regret the drive.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Another geography aside: People in Illinois used to like to point out that Cairo at the tip of the state is south of Richmond, which indeed it is.

Reactions: radrick96

radrick96

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 4, 2020
Orlando, Florida
me too please
Thats two...
That’s three...
Also from the Orlando area. Seems like a CFL pipe club would be a good idea.
That’s four...

Ill bring an unopened tin of something for everybody to smoke a couple bowls if we can agree an a time or place!

gamzultovah

Lifer
Aug 4, 2019
Thats two...

That’s three...

That’s four...

Ill bring an unopened tin of something for everybody to smoke a couple bowls if we can agree an a time or place!
I’ll bring quite a few hard to get blends if one of you will put this together. Plus, I have a friend in Winter Garden who is just starting out and he has a friend who wants to try. That makes 6... Hey, I think we have a quorum.

badbriar

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 17, 2012
Suncoast Florida by the Beach
If Tampa would work, /there's Edwards Pipe & Tobacco Shop just of of hwy 60. I have not been there, but the reviews look good. They have pipes & cigars & *Cuban Coffee*. Also, see hours for Saturday & Sunday on weekends. Any Interest?

Reactions: gatorhazard

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I went to Orlando once on business. Actually, long before, I'd gone to Disney World with my fast-driving cuz' in his TR-3 from Ft. Myers, during the gas shortage when the Disney World parking lot was almost empty. (Loved the sound of that little roadster, just music all the way, and he was a very fast, very good driver.) But years later, I went on business to that astonishingly vast convention center on the strip with unending chain restaurants and outlets. In fact, at the moment I am wearing a Hawaiian shirt in muted brown and orange that I bought there all those years ago. I was astonished that Disney World made no provision at the time for convention goers to visit the park for a few hours. It was all a full-price ticket or nothing. It's a certain kind of thing, for those who love it. Always wished they'd sent me to 'Vegas, not for the gambling, for the spectacle. I realize the Orlando community is a different place, and I didn't get there.

radrick96

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 4, 2020
Orlando, Florida
me too please
Also from the Orlando area. Seems like a CFL pipe club would be a good idea.
I’ll bring quite a few hard to get blends if one of you will put this together. Plus, I have a friend in Winter Garden who is just starting out and he has a friend who wants to try. That makes 6... Hey, I think we have a quorum.
What days are you guys usually available? I’m free whenever. Let’s get this going