PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
"There's always time to learn a few phrases Jay!"

Sadly Mike, I've left it too late in life. Besides, I couldn't settle for a few phrases, I wanted fluency or nothing.

Regards,

Jay.?

augiebd

Lifer
Jul 6, 2019
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
I have a few hobbies moving from one to another and back again, photography, cooking, reading, miniature woodworking, a little writing, collecting and restoring gramophones and phonographs and collecting vinyl records and vintage record players. I’m working on scaling back to focus more and prepare for future downsizing but also thinking about getting serious about learning French.

Apr 2, 2018
Idong,South Korea.
It's been years, but back in the 80s and 90s I was very much involved with the old production Triumph motorcycles.The attached file shows one I built from a rolling basket case 1970 TR6 C Trophy.I used an older tank,and built it to resemble a Tiger.The paint job is red lacquer with a silver base coat.

Attachments

• D4807533-7F22-4A02-9595-F48D1B3ED20E.jpeg
    D4807533-7F22-4A02-9595-F48D1B3ED20E.jpeg
    79.9 KB · Views: 9

Saintwilliam

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 26, 2019
Interesting. Why 20+ bottles of ink? Different colors? Antique bottles? Different types of ink? Please explain....seriously interested.
I have seven different blues some more red, some more grey, some purple some with a bright red sheen. A few blacks, one nice and viscous that works brilliantly with my dip pen but not at all with my fine nib pens. Of course 2 reds, one for Christmas cards and editing papers and the other called Red Dragon that you can write a whole paper with and not grow tired of it. Then you’ve got your Coral which is just a joyful colour to watch flow from a pen. A forest green that is so wet it’s almost like water smudges easily but if you have time to let it dry and are careful you are rewarded with a growing forest across the page.

sorry what was the I just started thinking about all of my bottles of ink.

boston

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 27, 2018
Boston
Fountain pens, knives, typewriters, firearms, books and vintage shop equipment to name a few. I've chilled on all of them in recent years...no longer the collector I once was. Enough "stuff" for now.

Reactions: Casual and scloyd

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
Ooooh! Where do you get those?❤
We bought these sliders at a museum gift shop years ago. They're made by PUSSYCAT in Bad Salzuflen, Germany. There are a few PUSSYCAT slider puzzles on ebay now...not cheap.

If you want to borrow ours for a few months, send me a PM. We want them back when your done.

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
I have seven different blues some more red, some more grey, some purple some with a bright red sheen. A few blacks, one nice and viscous that works brilliantly with my dip pen but not at all with my fine nib pens. Of course 2 reds, one for Christmas cards and editing papers and the other called Red Dragon that you can write a whole paper with and not grow tired of it. Then you’ve got your Coral which is just a joyful colour to watch flow from a pen. A forest green that is so wet it’s almost like water smudges easily but if you have time to let it dry and are careful you are rewarded with a growing forest across the page.

sorry what was the I just started thinking about all of my bottles of ink.
That's cool...great hobby.

Status
Not open for further replies.