PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

kurtbob

Lifer
Jul 9, 2019
SE Georgia
Have been using these one piece Ball leak proof lids on my daily smoke jars for about two weeks. So far, very pleased with the seal and the one piece design! Anyone else tried these?image.jpg

Reactions: Bowie

cossackjack

Lifer
Oct 31, 2014
Evergreen, Colorado
I use them only for sliced cucumbers in sweetened cider vinegar.
1584802142651.png
These lids seem to be more sensitive to differential thermal expansion-contraction than the standard lids & bands, in that they bind & are more difficult to remove or tighten when kept cold in the refrigerator.

I prefer the standard lids & bands for long-term pipe tobacco storage, though I would expect the Leak-Proof lids to perform well enough for shorter periods.

kurtbob

Lifer
Jul 9, 2019
SE Georgia
If you guys have a “home goods” or “tj maxx” (or “Marshall’s”) or sometimes “Ross dress for less” you can find 4 packs pretty cheap.
Hells yeah! Wifey loves TJ Maxx, will have to go with her after all this virus stuff blows over.......maybe July :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Bengel

Gubbins

Might Stick Around
Feb 5, 2020
I use them for jars with food in them because it's less hassle than the two piece lids, but not with tobacco. I feel better about being able to crank down on the metal rings with the original lids. Plus the original lids are cheap to replace and I can sanitize them.

Reactions: kurtbob

kurtbob

Lifer
Jul 9, 2019
SE Georgia
I use them for jars with food in them because it's less hassle than the two piece lids, but not with tobacco. I feel better about being able to crank down on the metal rings with the original lids. Plus the original lids are cheap to replace and I can sanitize them.
Don’t use them on my cellared stuff, just what I smoke out of every day. Seems to keep moisture pretty well

Status
Not open for further replies.