PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

neilnoff

Might Stick Around
Mar 18, 2020
Spring, TX
Found this site yesterday while searching for info on some pipes I'm refinishing. Not super-experienced, even though my first smoke was Borkum Riff in my "The Pipe" while I was in the Air Force MANY years ago. Looking forward to learning a lot & hopefully contributing a bit as well. Cheers to all--

neilnoff

Might Stick Around
Mar 18, 2020
Spring, TX
Thanks to you all for the warm welcome. Yes, I am now into briar from The Pipe :oops:. That did bring back memories from the 70's. As I remember it was made from some sort of acrylic and I think it was even advertised as being washable in a dishwasher or something like that. Mine was white with red & blue rings near the top of the bowl. Wow - what a flashback! My current favorites now tend to be Boswell's, but also love cobs, the old Dr. Grabow's, Savinelli & Peterson's. Guess I'm an equal opportunity piper. Happy smoking to all--

bnichols23

Lifer
Mar 13, 2018
SC Piedmont
I myself remember that very pipe, Neil, though I never had one like it. Stylish, definitely. :). And my apologies being late to the party; been trying to play catch-up after having had a pacemaker installed in my shoulder! Howdy & welcome from the SC upstate; glad to have you with us!

Bill

Reactions: jaytex1969

docrameous

Can't Leave
May 6, 2019
Colorado
Found this site yesterday while searching for info on some pipes I'm refinishing. Not super-experienced, even though my first smoke was Borkum Riff in my "The Pipe" while I was in the Air Force MANY years ago. Looking forward to learning a lot & hopefully contributing a bit as well. Cheers to all--

welcome from England!

Status
Not open for further replies.