1923 Dunhill P10 --- Sandblast From Another World (Restored & Re-Stemmed)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
no it's a response to your assholier than thou attitude.
you don't have to respond like you are some sort of pompous butthole to everyone.

Sorry, but it starts from the other direction.

Forums like this one have existed since before the World Wide Web was invented, and the pipe hobby has used them extensively since.

A type of brotherhood resulted. One that had customs, traditions, and evolved certain soft rules of comportment.

Carpet bombing sites and highjacking threads with thousands of posts in a short time in the pursuit of "entertainment" was definitely not one of them.

But instead using of the sites which encourage such activity, such as:

• Facebook
  • WhatsApp
  • WeChat
  • QZone
  • Tumblr
  • Instagram
  • Twitter
  • Reddit
  • Discord
  • (etc.)

You and your buddies seem determined to bring your in-your-face, confrontational Frat Party here, to an Old School threaded forum.

That's just rude.

Indeed, this particular one is a specialized sub-forum. One for "shop geeks", hardcore collectors, and historians.

You want people to treat you well? Stop acting like screechy entitled children and earn that consideration.

I think you'll be surprised at how well that approach works. Not just here, but also in the real world.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA

Forums like this one have existed since before the World Wide Web was invented, and the pipe hobby has used them extensively since.

A type of brotherhood resulted. One that had customs, traditions, and evolved certain soft rules of comportment.

Carpet bombing sites and highjacking threads with thousands of posts in a short time in the pursuit of "entertainment" was definitely not one of them.

• Facebook
  • WhatsApp
  • WeChat
  • QZone
  • Tumblr
  • Instagram
  • Twitter
  • Reddit
  • Discord
  • (etc.)

You and your buddies seem determined to bring your in-your-face, confrontational Frat Party here, to an Old School threaded forum.

That's just rude.

Indeed, this particular one is a specialized sub-forum. One for "shop geeks", hardcore collectors, and historians.

You want people to treat you well? Stop acting like loud, entitled kids and earn that consideration.

I think you'll be surprised at how well that approach works. Not just here, but in the real world also.
they are my buddies now.. I didn't know anyone before this forum but I think your problem is with "those darn kids" which are actually people approaching 40 years of age.

When someone posts a comment maybe think about how you are responding as well.. because you come off as a capital "D".

anyways.. I understand you are "the man" with restorations but you could be a little less condescending to members.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
customLogo.gif

• Haha
Reactions: mau1 and pitchfork

diamondback

Lifer
Feb 22, 2019
Rockvale, TN

• Facebook
  • WhatsApp
  • WeChat
  • QZone
  • Tumblr
  • Instagram
  • Twitter
  • Reddit
  • Discord
  • (etc.)

That's just rude.

You want people to treat you well? Stop acting like loud, entitled kids and earn that consideration.

I think you'll be surprised at how well that approach works. Not just here, but in the real world also.

How about you talk to Kevin, and let him ban all of us that you and your little circle of ‘friends’ disapprove of?

You want a forum where new members are encouraged to post and maybe have some fun, or a wiki page?

I didn’t see anything in the rules about earning your permission to post here. Quite frankly, I don’t care if I have your personal approval or not. In fact, I don’t really care what you think about anything. The way I see it, if I want your opinion, I’ll give it to you.

If Kevin doesn’t want us here, let him ban us. Problem solved. Otherwise dig out your old MODEM and return to your BBS.

Posts like yours are perfect examples of “forum gatekeeping,” and forums that are tantamount to wiki pages don’t attract active users. They do not grow and they do not flourish.

Don’t be a condescending ass. That’s good advice not only here, but, you’ll find it works in other areas of life as well ;)

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I don't think that newbies understand that they are talking to the best restorer in the world and I am not joking. If George takes the time to answer your question or give you the time of day, you should be feeling pretty special. I know I do every time. George is a busy guy and for him to take time to respond on any threads is a big deal.

I have been here a long time and George freely helps people and answers questions. He is to be respected at every turn.

diamondback

Lifer
Feb 22, 2019
Rockvale, TN
Look, he’s as much “over the line,” if not more, than myself or @BROBS.

If he doesn’t expect a pound for pound response, don’t post. It’s simple. I’m not speaking from an emotional place, I’m just stating the facts as I see them.

diamondback

Lifer
Feb 22, 2019
Rockvale, TN
I don't think that newbies understand that they are talking to the best restorer in the world and I am not joking. If George takes the time to answer your question or give you the time of day, you should be feeling pretty special. I know I do every time. George is a busy guy and for him to take time to respond on any threads is a big deal.

I have been here a long time and George freely helps people and answers questions. He is to be respected at every turn.

So that means he gets a free pass to act like an old curmudgeon to anyone he disapproves of?

Come on... ?

Reactions: hoosierpipeguy

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
JESUS H CHRIST CAN WE ALL REALLY NOT JUST FUCKING STOP?????????????

Nobody is going to crowned King Dick here! Let's just knock this stupid shit off immediately and let people enjoy that wonky ass sandblast and beautiful slice of history in peace! Is it that hard to walk away and just let it end without a thread closure?

GODDAMN......

Reactions: seanv and pitchfork

diamondback

Lifer
Feb 22, 2019
Rockvale, TN
JESUS H CHRIST CAN WE ALL REALLY NOT JUST FUCKING STOP?????????????

Nobody is going to crowned King Dick here! Let's just knock this stupid shit off immediately and let people enjoy that wonky ass sandblast and beautiful slice of history in peace! Is it that hard to walk away and just let it end without a thread closure?

GODDAMN......

To whom are you speaking exactly?

ETA: your post “keeps it going” as much as any other post in a similar vein.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Yes he has the right to be a curmudgeon when he feels like it, he has earned that right. If you don't like what he says just ignore him and let it go. If he was telling you to fuck yourself and your mother too then that would be a tad harsh but he didn't.

Old guys like us can be set in our ways and when we get cranky is't usually cause we are having trouble pissing. Just ignore us.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
To whom are you speaking exactly?

ETA: your post “keeps it going” as much as any other post in a similar vein.

Everybody involved in this thread that has nothing to say about the pipe posted and just wants to keep talking shit on each other. There is absolutely no reason this thread should have ended up here, and it's not any one person's fault it's collective. The other day's thread, sure, the original post was begging for it, but this one? No way!

If you think my post is keeping it going, I'll happily stop now. I would suggest anyone who has nothing to say about the original post in this thread should do the same, so that those who DO can enjoy the thread as it was meant to be enjoyed.

Did my best here, I'm out.

Reactions: seanv

diamondback

Lifer
Feb 22, 2019
Rockvale, TN
Yes he has the right to be a curmudgeon when he feels like it, he has earned that right. If you don't like what he says just ignore him and let it go. If he was telling you to fuck yourself and your mother too then that would be a tad harsh but he didn't.

Old guys like us can be set in our ways and when we get cranky is't usually cause we are having trouble pissing. Just ignore us.

Fair enough. But, if one is determined to act like a curmudgeon, they should be prepared for people who don’t appreciate it to respond in kind. It’s an interactive forum after all.

diamondback

Lifer
Feb 22, 2019
Rockvale, TN
Everybody involved in this thread that has nothing to say about the pipe posted and just wants to keep talking shit on each other. There is absolutely no reason this thread should have ended up here, and it's not any one person's fault it's collective. The other day's thread, sure, the original post was begging for it, but this one? No way!

If you think my post is keeping it going, I'll happily stop now. I would suggest anyone who has nothing to say about the original post in this thread should do the same, so that those who DO can enjoy the thread as it was meant to be enjoyed.

Did my best here, I'm out.

Well, to be honest, you said: “JESUS H CHRIST CAN WE ALL REALLY NOT JUST FUCKING STOP?????????????”

Zero offense meant, but that all would include you. Both in posting and in stopping posting...

Status
Not open for further replies.