48 Fresh Savinelli Pipes
48 Fresh AKB Meerschaum Pipes
36 Fresh Estate Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

What type tamper would you buy? (You can choose more than one answer.)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

saintpeter

Lifer
May 20, 2017
Didn't have sterling or gold as choices :confused:
LoL, nope. Many things I didn't list. Ivory (pre-Ban), Mammoth Ivory and my personal favorite, Cumberland
Human bone is really the only choice. I already have plenty of others and the question is what "would" I buy, therefore the correct answer is what I don't already have.

Maybe I'll stop into a store I know of and see if they still have that human hand (bones only) for sale. Let's see, if a hand sells for $550, how many bones would work as tampers from it and how much could I charge per custom made tamper?

Metatarsal works better.

• Haha
Reactions: sandollars

seldom

Lifer
Mar 11, 2018
Many things I didn't list. Ivory (pre-Ban), Mammoth Ivory and my personal favorite, Cumberland
Also the baculum of various animals would make an interesting tamper. I saw walrus baculums used for all manner of things. Those are rather large. Probably something more along the line of raccoon size baculum would work as a tamper.

Reactions: anotherbob

TinCup

Can't Leave
Nov 14, 2019
Indian Ocean
Golf tees are free and that's my preferred tamper, so if i bought one it'd be different to what i get for free but of a similar size

Replying to my own post here because I just bought two tampers last night!

First is just that Nail design tamper bit like a metal golf tee, and the other is the popular 3-1 tool shaped like a pipe for use in the house

I think I'll still use wooden golf tees too, I spend too much time on a golf course not to

bent1

Lifer
Jan 9, 2015
WV
I didn't see any options for this one, but I recently got one of the 8deco "Legend" pipe tools.
I like it alot, and the hidden pick/poker is nice.I also like the shape of the "spoon".

I have this one, works well.

Reactions: saintpeter

saintpeter

Lifer
May 20, 2017
I thank everyone for participating in this poll. It will guide me in the future for what I make pipe tampers out of.

Reactions: shanez
Status
Not open for further replies.