PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 26, 2020
EDIT: Fixed Capitalization in Title (See Rule 9) - Bob

I am from NJ for most of my adult years. Started smoking only pipes in 1949 when I found a Kaywoodie "Pup" by the military base pool. Since no one claimed it, I bought a pack of "Rum and Maple" tobacco for starting a "cake" on my tongue. I stuck that out as there wasn't anyone to break me in on the niceties. Stuffing in tobacco and firing it with a zippo lighter made for a rough beginning. Fast forward to marriage and wife learning how to pack my smoking pipe during our extended honeymoon in the car to California and back. She loved the smell of tobacco when we visited many shops in NY and NJ when we came back to the area to live. Over the years I have owned many pipes and have tried most of the blends, both commercial and those I blended myself from tobaccoes. I still smoke one or two pipes daily with much enjoyment.
Russ

Last edited by a moderator:

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Welcome aboard from central North Carolina. You and pipes go way back. Comparatively, I'm a kid, only born in the mid-1940's.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
I think everyone should drive across country once. Twice and you'd be certifiably loony.

Welcome to the forum. That's neat that your wife took to your smoking a pipe so well, and even helped. Awesome!
until then you don't realize how much open and empty of human space we have here. And until you get to the flat part of the country you'll never know how far you can actually see without hills and stuff in the way.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
Hello, Russel.

I'm glad you found my Kaywoodie. You may send it to.... nana

Welcome from Austin, Texas.

1580864807736.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.