PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
There was (and maybe still is) the Los Angeles Pipe Club. I attended meetings for about a year when they met at a couple of tobacconists, then stopped going when the organizers switched to meeting at hip and trendy bars and restaurants with cigar lounges where one could smoke but were expected to order drinks and possibly food from the establishment.
Since I don't drink and don't spend money of high priced nibbles, and am not enamored of extremely loud spaces, I stopped going. The LAPC closed its website and opened a Facebook page. Their logo was the California bear in front of a graphic of LA City Hall. You may want to see if they're still around on Facebook. The founder was, and possibly still is, a member here.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
There was (and maybe still is) the Los Angeles Pipe Club. I attended meetings for about a year when they met at a couple of tobacconists, then stopped going when the organizers switched to meeting at hip and trendy bars and restaurants with cigar lounges where one could smoke but were expected to order drinks and possibly food from the establishment.
Since I don't drink and don't spend money of high priced nibbles, and am not enamored of extremely loud spaces, I stopped going. The LAPC closed its website and opened a Facebook page. Their logo was the California bear in front of a graphic of LA City Hall. You may want to see if they're still around on Facebook. The founder was, and possibly still is, a member here.
that sounds somewhat terrible. Smoking goes better in more low key places.

Reactions: BROBS

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Evidently they found a place that works for their membership, a place called Matt Denny's Ale House in Arcadia. From the look of the menu and the location, they've gotten away from hip and trendy. But Arcadia is quite a distance from me so it's a deal breaker. Next meeting is 3 PM Sunday January 26th, for anyone interested. The place appears to have a nice outside patio area.

Lyon0oq

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 31, 2012
New Providence, NJ
Evidently they found a place that works for their membership, a place called Matt Denny's Ale House in Arcadia. From the look of the menu and the location, they've gotten away from hip and trendy. But Arcadia is quite a distance from me so it's a deal breaker. Next meeting is 3 PM Sunday January 26th, for anyone interested. The place appears to have a nice outside patio area.
Yes, VERY far from me as well, so I am getting this started- Log into Facebook | Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/groups/2515987358722544 if it is more in your neck of the woods SB52, would love to have you join. Looking to do the first meeting on March 1st (St. David's Day), and promise to keep it as un-hip and trendy as possible ;]

Lyon0oq

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 31, 2012
New Providence, NJ

Have changed the name to reflect the club will be operating in the South Bay area. Thanks to everyone for helping me find the established LA Pipe Club, it meets about an hour drive from where I live, but I hope to get to an event at some point. In the mean time, if you find yourself stranded between Arcadia and the OC, we would love to have you. Trying for our first event on March 1st (Saint David's Day).

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
South Bay is even farther away than Arcadia, so while I wish you bonne chance on your new endeavor, chances are slim that I will ever make that commute. But if, perchance, I find myself down that way on a day your club is meeting, I'll be happy to attend.

Reactions: americaman
Status
Not open for further replies.