PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dissident_Mantis

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 8, 2020
Does anyone else like to smoke a stronger tobacco in the morning? I like a heavier Va/Per blend or a Balkan blend in the morning. I walk about a mile to the train station and nothing gets me through the cold, drowsy mornings like a cup of strong coffee and a robust pipe tobacco. Funny enough, I actually smoke my stronger blends in the morning and my Virginias/aromatics at night.

charf

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 10, 2018
New Zealand
I seem to be the other way around. Milder blends if smoked in the morning or noon. In the evening I always feel like something stronger. Coffee in the morning though. Tea at night. If possible I try to avoid drinking alcoholic beverages when I am smoking.

During the week, I like to smoke an aromatic vanilla or something like that. Not a heavy hitter. But, that is just me. On the weekends, I will just jump into my daily, all daylong stride with a Virginia, VaPer or whatever I will be smoking.

It may just be apples to oranges, but I don't think of VaPers or Balkans as heavy hitters or strong. I was thinking, ropes or a GH&co death blend. puffy

The only reason I wouldn't smoke a Balkan for breakfast, is because if I start off with a latakia, I tend to lose my taste for the Virginias for the rest of the day. But, everyone being so different is what makes the world a more interesting place, right?

Reactions: Dissident_Mantis

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I'm the breakfast cook, so by the time I do that, and feed the critters, I'm ready to do the day's business and wait to smoke later. If I smoke early, it is usually something mild to medium, though like an earlier post says, if there is something stronger from the night before, I might finish off that. If I'm in the mood to smoke at all, I'm not fussy.

so it is Haddos or stronger for the most part.
Now, when I pop a tin of Haddos, I become KooKoo for Haddos. I tend to chain smoke it till the tin is imploded and vanished into the nether. Breakfast, and every smoke becomes a Haddos smoke, but I really try to limit this by spacing it out by four months a tin. I have even been known to roll in it like a dog finding a cat turd in the yard.

Dissident_Mantis

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 8, 2020
It may just be apples to oranges, but I don't think of VaPers or Balkans as heavy hitters or strong. I was thinking, ropes or a GH&co death blend. puffy

I like smoking C&D Old Joe Krantz and Balkan Sobranie. Not the heaviest hitters out there, but certainly nothing to sneeze at. I think old Joe is 25% perique and that took some getting used to, but now I adore it.

Reactions: cosmicfolklore

Bengel

Lifer
Sep 20, 2019
I like smoking C&D Old Joe Krantz and Balkan Sobranie. Not the heaviest hitters out there, but certainly nothing to sneeze at. I think old Joe is 25% perique and that took some getting used to, but now I adore it.
I just have not gotten on the burley train, maybe chemistry, but so far it and I do not get along. Of course, I remember the first time I had Irish Oak, now called something else by Peterson, it was almost acrid I guess from Perique. Now I love the stuff. Not so much with Latakia, that I need in small doses :)

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Seriously, I am an evening smoker, so it is Haddos or stronger for the most part.
I begin my smoking day around 11 am. I get my first cup of coffee and light up. I smoke throughout the day so I don't want my palette getting burned out by stronger blends early on.

If I were a night time smoker I would do things differently and probably go with stronger blends from the get go. I smoke 3-5 bowls a day.

Reactions: Bengel
Status
Not open for further replies.