PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
My wife has a generous heart, and I tend to be pretty thrifty. She's bought me pipes I wouldn't have bought myself, notably a churchwarden and an Oom-Paul. She has a good instinct for tobacco blends too.

Reactions: jpmcwjr and kingjon

Parsimonious Piper

Can't Leave
Oct 12, 2019
After my office bookshelves had just about a dozen pipes displayed my wife stopped noticing the new racks that magically appeared periodically. She also thinks it’s “cute” that I keep my current blend rotation in two display crates of jars, organized by type with carefully printed labels. Seems my OCD has desensitized her a bit.

Reactions: jpmcwjr

rmpeeps

Lifer
Oct 17, 2017
San Antonio, TX
After 33 years of marriage, and 25 of those enjoying cigars and pipes, my wife could really not care less. After selling off cases and cases of McClelland, she asked me “why I didn’t buy a couple more truckloads of that stuff?”
It’s good to know an old school jeweler too!!

rdoss16

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 2, 2019
i think once my wife realized that tins are fairly cheap (relatively speaking), it lessened her concern on my stockpiling. i mean a bulk ounce can run you $3-4 and you can find that in between the cushions. Now if youre ordering hundreds of dollars of long forgotten rare blends, well then you need to find a better hiding spot ;)

Reactions: jpmcwjr

josephcross

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 30, 2015
I don’t hide my tobacco buying or anything pipe related. It’s so normalized in my house at this point that my wife suggests going to buy cigars or having a look at pipes, and I have my kids helping me with restorations.

Reactions: saintpeter

smokeyweb

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 29, 2013
I have a separate direct deposit fun money account that I use to flirt with “Nicole”... so it’s pretty much don’t ask don’t tell. Keeps the marriage happier that way.

pipestud

Lifer
Dec 6, 2012
Robinson, TX.
I'm lucky. I take a tin of tobacco from one of my consignors and place it on top of my personal stash. The wife comes in and says "I can't believe you're spending all of OUR money on pipe tobacco!" I reply, "Honey, that's my consignors tobacco" as I point toward my consignor's tin. She apologizes and walks off. Hey, I wasn't lying.

Status
Not open for further replies.