PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

troyniss

Can't Leave
Jul 8, 2018
Michigan
The Peterson Shorts line has just been released.
I picked up a Smooth 150 with an awesome birdseye grain as well as an 80s rusticated. Originally wanted to do a 150 set but I have enough straight rusticated bulldogs already. Plus they will look contrasting eachother, shape and finish wise.

These will bring my bulldog shapes up to 5. I particulary like nosewarmers, and the bulldog shape. I liked the XL105, but wasn't a fan of the slightly bent stem.

Anyways, you may want to check them out.

Attachments

• 002-029-46403_1.5895.jpg
    002-029-46403_1.5895.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 19
  • 002-029-46418.9191.jpg
    002-029-46418.9191.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 19

mtwaller

Lifer
Nov 21, 2018
Atlanta, GA
Interested to see if these smoke hot and wet like a lot of the outdoor series seemed to do. A couple of those little buggers are slightly tempting...

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
I picked up a Smooth 150 with an awesome birdseye grain as well as an 80s rusticated.
Nice pipes. Did you get two tins of Wintertime Reserve blend with your purchase? If so, what blend did you choose?

mrenglish

Lifer
Dec 25, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
I have a smooth 150 on the way as well. Glad to see we are finally getting normal sized bowls in a compact size. In Europe, some dealers sell the Hunter and Golfer lines which are similar in size but with military mounts, Hopefully, the Shorts line will smoke just as good.

Reactions: philobeddoe

sallow

Lifer
Jun 30, 2013
Does anyone know if they are making any shorts with a p-lip? I only see fishtails.

oldguyoldpipes

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 20, 2019
Ordered up a rusticated Zulu last week. Awaiting arrival this coming Tuesday.

Just received my K&P Zulu Short. Smokes well and is a nice size. Weight came in on my digital scale at 28g. Almost "nosewarmer" as the smoke does curl into the eyes and nose. I have smoked 4 bowls of Peretti in it and it smokes well. My only complaint would be that the rustication is a bit "flat". Not very craggy and the stain is more of a light brown. Would look better in a darker shade or maybe a reddish stain like the Christmas pipes? Just an opinion. I verified the silver hallmark and it dates to 2016 which surprised me as I was under the assumption that these were a new release. Bought it from Smoking Pipes.com

Reactions: danish
Peterson buys silver bands in bulk annually and they are marked by the essayers.
In England, hallmarks on silver and gold are handled differently. They have to actually take products to an official government assayer's office to have the product tested for purity, and then charged a fee to stamp them. In the US, it is merely the jeweler's prerogative to stamp or not, since there is no real police force covering this type of thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.