Status
Not open for further replies.

python

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 8, 2009
Maryland
pipesmagazine.com
Since Christmas/Holidays are pretty much here, I thought it would be a good discussion to talk about your favorite movies of the season.

My favorites are basically all of them :ROFLMAO: !

I try to watch all of them every year, but my must watches are:

Miracle on 34th Street
It's a Wonderful Life
A Christmas Story
National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation

Also, it is my tradition to watch the Rankin/Bass claymations while decorating the tree.

So, how about you guys?

lochinvar

Lifer
Oct 22, 2013
Always White Christmas and A Christmas Carol (George C. Scott), then something like The Dirty Dozen or Where Eagles Dare.

Warren, you picked one of my favorites with The Three Godfathers. John Wayne and Ward Bond together is always great, and watching Pedro Armendariz riding is great.

Jun 9, 2018
England
It's gotta be Scrooge which I watch every Christmas eve, not the bastardised colourized version though.
Alastair Sim is awesome in it (as he was in everything) and its got a great cast of classic British actors including a young Patrick Macnee.
I particularly like the bit @3:16 where he says to 2 sweet little children singing carols in the street 'Be off with you!', that always makes me laugh.

Chris

Jun 9, 2018
England
I'm a big fan of The Great Escape which I watch every year. It's considered a Christmas movie here in England, not because its got anything to do with the holidays (obviously) but because it's shown every year on or about Christmas day and has been for decades.

Chris

M

Marindas

Every year our family watches White Christmas on Christmas Eve and Die Hard on Christmas day. Sometimes we include Holiday Inn.

We also traditionally watch all of the Lord of the Rings movies over the Thanksgiving holiday.

Reactions: stogie37 and python
Status
Not open for further replies.