PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

gamzultovah

Lifer
Aug 4, 2019
I'm not so sure... I've smoked both $10 corn cobs and massive gnarly Danish freehands in public with some regularity, but the reaction from bystanders was pretty even.
The pipe in your first photo might raise some eyebrows though ? maybe you should smoke it out in public some day, you know.. for science.
I wish I could, but I simply don’t have the heart...not with that pipe. I’m sentimental in that way. I have a lot of unsmoked pipes in my collection (including Beckers, Micoli’s, Christian Wolfsteiner’s and Les Wood’s) that I feel need to stay that way. I’m just an old softy, I guess...

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
/facepalm

She means her! Dang it, Olkofri. lol
Ohh! I'm like the bear in my avatar!

bear-facepalm.jpg

supperthyme

Can't Leave
Nov 2, 2019
I wish I could, but I simply don’t have the heart...not with that pipe. I’m sentimental in that way. I have a lot of unsmoked pipes in my collection (including Beckers, Micoli’s, Christian Wolfsteiner’s and Les Wood’s) that I feel need to stay that way. I’m just an old softy, I guess...

Nothing wrong with being a softy! I totally understand having an emotional attachment to your collection. Pipes are more than just a smoking apparatus, they're a piece of art that was carefully and lovingly made.
So gamzultovah- what is the strangest pipe in your collection that you actually do smoke? Bring that out on the town. :)

gamzultovah

Lifer
Aug 4, 2019
Nothing wrong with being a softy! I totally understand having an emotional attachment to your collection. Pipes are more than just a smoking apparatus, they're a piece of art that was carefully and lovingly made.
So gamzultovah- what is the strangest pipe in your collection that you actually do smoke? Bring that out on the town. :)
Oh I have. I inadvertently brought this pipe with me to Jamaica (I call it the Magic Mushroom). It is a Brebbia Collection pipe of dynamic proportions, and everywhere I went on the island, people would say “Mon, mon nice chalice!” ...and then proceed to try and sell me some ganja. Bringing this pipe to Jamaica , in hindsight, was not the wisest choice...? 1040510406

ray47

Lifer
Jul 10, 2015
Dalzell, South Carolina
ray47: I'm guessing you are using the "royal we" and not speaking for all "mail-order" pipe smokers.
You are correct. I would never think to speak for anyone but myself. Also when I spoke about putting a pipe in your mouth at a tobacconist before you purchase it, I went to a tobacconist where you could put the pipe in your mouth. They gave me a cover to put over the end thus not putting any germs or the like on the pipe stem. Maybe I should have thought out my original post a little better. Sorry.

hauntedmyst

Lifer
Feb 1, 2010
Chicago
Recently I came across one of Muttnchop Piper’s videos entitled “What Shape Should I Choose?” in which he suggests purchasing pipes based on how their shapes correlate with your facial features.

while I am sure he is a tremendous fellow, I 'd have much difficulty taking personal style advice from some one who appears to live in a cabin (I actually like that about him but it doesn't scream GQ) and sports a facial hair style that hasn't been popular since the Wright Brother's took their first flight.

And keep in mind this is coming from someone that makes John Merrick look like Brad Pitt by comparison.

Last edited:

diamondback

Lifer
Feb 22, 2019
Rockvale, TN
while I am sure he is a tremendous fellow, I 'd have much difficulty taking personal style advice from some one who appears to live in a cabin (I actually like that about him but it doesn't scream GQ) and sports a facial hair style that hasn't been popular since the Wright Brother's took their first flight.

rotf

My God man, I literally almost spit out my flavored seltzer water!

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
It's been a loooong while since I've taken a selfie, especially with a pipe, but I ended up needing a headshot for business purposes:

I ended up going with the volcano.

10413 10414

I sent a low key version to the University when the Geography department requested it for their awards and scholarships page. Given that they had just gone "100% smoke-free campus", I sent them this:

I haven't taken a selfie with any of my Canadians.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Hm, are you referring to the hobby block that someone experimented on with different tools? Or something entirely different?

Yeah I think you're referring to the same one.

It was just an attempt at humor...referring to the "ugliest pipe" thread recently where St. Pete's creation seemed to run off with the blue ribbon.

diamondback

Lifer
Feb 22, 2019
Rockvale, TN
It's been a loooong while since I've taken a selfie, especially with a pipe, but I ended up needing a headshot for business purposes:

I ended up going with the volcano.

View attachment 10413 View attachment 10414

I sent a low key version to the University when the Geography department requested it for their awards and scholarships page. Given that they had just gone "100% smoke-free campus", I sent them this:

View attachment 10415

I haven't taken a selfie with any of my Canadians.

You’re hired! Now, what do you do?

supperthyme

Can't Leave
Nov 2, 2019
stay away from Om Pauls. Slim, straight, elegant pipes would go well for you.

Ah, it was only a question of what pipe shapes are considered "feminine". I didn't mean to imply that I'm in any way trying to enhance my femininity with certain pipe shapes.

Slim, straight and elegant isn't really my forte. ? About to buy a rhodesian (or 3) from this gentleman:

Joshua Ronish

Status
Not open for further replies.