PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mngslvs

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 24, 2019
Yarmouth, Maine
I've had really good experience with Don Carlos and Ser Jacopo, but no experience with other Italian makes. Have my eye on an Amorelli just now, but........can anyone recommend them ?

Reactions: oldguyoldpipes

rogers

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 9, 2012
I owned one a few years back and the draw was really tight. Got rid of it, never bought another one.

McBragg

Lurker
Oct 29, 2019
Los Angeles
I'm going to go off the reservation a bit here and put in a plug for my Sumerler (Armellini). It's a bent billiard with a vulcanite stem; a nice smoking pipe, one of my favorites. Anyhow, another Italian you might look for.

j

oldguyoldpipes

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 20, 2019
I've had really good experience with Don Carlos and Ser Jacopo, but no experience with other Italian makes. Have my eye on an Amorelli just now, but........can anyone recommend them ?

I have this one and it smokes great. Very light weight and hangs easy. Seriously becoming one of my favorites. It looks better in person. Bought it new from Le Pipe from Italy. Equal to my '68 Dunhill Hungarian and a Yello-B Oom Paul. It has a unique vertical bark-like rustication. You either love it or hate it. My 2 cents is this pipe would lead me to buy another one...

Attachments

• Amorelli.jpg
    Amorelli.jpg
    156.8 KB · Views: 13

rogers

Mar 9, 2012
I owned one a few years back and the draw was really tight. Got rid of it, never bought another one.
Ignore that comment. It was an Armellini that had a tight draw.
Sorry for the .... inconvenience? puffy

rogers

Mar 9, 2012
I was wondering about their shipping times and any possible stories of import duty here in the states?
If you choose DHL, you'll get your pipe in a few days, but you may have to pay duty fees. If you choose Post Italiane, there are no extra fees, but delivery can take up to 3 weeks.

Reactions: SpookedPiper

mngslvs

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 24, 2019
Yarmouth, Maine
I have ordered two pipes from le pipe in the last year, both delivered by Italian post, and both came without much delay. I did not count the days. I was crossing my fingers, but had no problems with customs etc.
One Ser J and one Cavicchi

Status
Not open for further replies.