PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
So after taking 2 weeks to figure out my order from P&C wasn't going to make it, I finally get them to issue a refund. Well, they said they did last Thursday. Said it would take 3 or 4 days. I called Tuesday and was told it could take up to 7 or 8 days, call at the end of the week. Called today and after being on hold for 25 minutes 2 seconds, now I'm told it could take up to 30 days. I'd like to contact someone there who will actually tell someone the truth.

I suppose I could be wrong but I would bet money P&C never shipped my order to begin with. The story is, UPS lost it before they could transfer it to USPS. Odd though when I simply asked to resend it 3 of the 4 items I had ordered were "backordered".

Before all the loyal P&C fans go nuts, no question, none of this is end of world stuff. I have plenty of tobacco. $242 isn't going to break me or come anywhere close to it. I'm mostly pissed off because I've had to waste well over an hour trying to get this straightened out. Every time I've called there have been extended hold times. Then you have to answer their litany of questions to validate you. Wonder if they ever considered, when they screw up, it would be them following up with their Customer? Interesting concept but not one I guess when you're a cut rate bad service company.

Go ahead and keep buying from these guys but don't be surprised if you end up getting screwed as well.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Good luck hoosier'. PC's done pretty well by me, but I sure understand your frustration, and I'm sorry they seem to have lost a good customer. Not a two and three tin customer like me --ha-ha. I have enjoyed more than several discounts on their pipes.

Reactions: twoonefive

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
So after taking 2 weeks to figure out my order from P&C wasn't going to make it, I finally get them to issue a refund. Well, they said they did last Thursday. Said it would take 3 or 4 days. I called Tuesday and was told it could take up to 7 or 8 days, call at the end of the week. Called today and after being on hold for 25 minutes 2 seconds, now I'm told it could take up to 30 days. I'd like to contact someone there who will actually tell someone the truth.

I don't care who the company is, this is well beyond the point where I would've disputed the charge through my financial institution. Hope you get your money back soon.

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
I don't care who the company is, this is well beyond the point where I would've disputed the charge through my financial institution. Hope you get your money back soon.

Good suggestion, thank you. Just filed a dispute with PayPal. That supposedly takes 20 days before PayPal escalates it.

craig61a

Lifer
Apr 29, 2017
Minnesota USA
I had an issue with them about a year ago where they billed me for an item they didn’t ship. Practically took an act of Congress, many phone calls, and two and a half weeks to for them to finally issue a credit.

Fast forward a year. They had a 23% off site wide sale, so figured I’d stock up on some tobacco, and see if they had gotten their act together. The order arrived so no problem. So I got bold and ordered the Dunhill 3 Year Matured they were selling for$7 a tin. A week goes by, nothing. I opened an inquiry on their customer service page. Several days go by, no response. So I called them. The person I spoke to on the phone said the payment had been rejected. There was a pending charge on my PayPal account, which is usually what it shows when an order has been processed and is waiting to ship. Told them just cancel the order.

If I have to jump through a bunch of hoops to get them to complete a sale, then they can keep their products.

I’ll deal with a vendor that can complete an order without such ridiculous foul ups.

peregrinus

Lifer
Aug 4, 2019
Pacific Northwest
I finally get them to issue a refund.... Well, now I'm told it could take up to 30 days
This is BS.
Whomever they have outsourced their business operations with is woefully understaffed, or incompetent or perhaps something more sinister is afoot. They are doing nothing to win your trust and so don’t deserve the benefit of doubt.
As someone suggested, I’d call my card and file a charge dispute.
They are loosing more than one customer.
Best of luck to you.

craig61a

Lifer
Apr 29, 2017
Minnesota USA
Apparently, STG/Swedish Match bought the parent, Cigars International, which owned Cigars.com, CigarBid, P&C, and a few other companies. Or at least that’s my understanding... I don’t closely follow the tobacco business... I just buy the stuff.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.