PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

prndl

Lifer
Apr 30, 2014
Lou Ferrigno's "Hercules" on a local channel.

I've had more grins out of this than any Will Farrell movie.

Reactions: MrTom
Jun 9, 2018
England
Watching on YouTube a 1980 edition of Firing Line with William F. Buckley Jr interviewing British politician Tony Benn who is puffing on his pipe during the interview, I think he smoked St. Bruno.
Both interviewer and interviewee were great men and are sadly missed.

Chris.

Akousticplyr

Lifer
Oct 12, 2019
Florida Panhandle
Jack Ryan, Season 2. I'm not enjoying this season as much as Season 1, but it's only 8 episodes.

Agreed. Just finished the season last night. There were far too many moments where i rolled my eyes. In fact, I had a couple eye rolls that spun all the way back and around to the front again. Far, far too many cheesy and completely fictional events. Roll up on another nation's presidential palace? With 4 guys? Riiiight…..:rolleyes:

Reactions: MrTom and Bowie

Bowie

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 24, 2019
Minnesota
Agreed. Just finished the season last night. There were far too many moments where i rolled my eyes. In fact, I had a couple eye rolls that spun all the way back and around to the front again. Far, far too many cheesy and completely fictional events. Roll up on another nation's presidential palace? With 4 guys? Riiiight…..:rolleyes:
I agree, there are quite a few cheesy moments. And they made Jack Ryan too perfect this season. He went from being "just an analyst" to the best analyst and now the best field agent, the only guy in the CIA who can put the puzzle pieces together, the only agent who can spot the bad guy and chase him across rooftops, equally expert with both the computer and the gun.

Akousticplyr

Lifer
Oct 12, 2019
Florida Panhandle
I agree, there are quite a few cheesy moments. And they made Jack Ryan too perfect this season. He went from being "just an analyst" to the best analyst and now the best field agent, the only guy in the CIA who can put the puzzle pieces together, the only agent who can spot the bad guy and chase him across rooftops, equally expert with both the computer and the gun.

I know, right? The male version of a "Mary Sue" I suppose. And remember, he's no longer with the CIA but is a State Department cubicle dweller at the start of the season. So he really doesn't have any reason to be there after the first few episodes. Sigh.

I also love how everyone has the ability to say "F YOU" to ANY basic organizational rules or literally to their respective bosses at any given moment with zero repercussions. It's easier to suspend disbelief for an alien invasion with ray guns LOL

Jun 9, 2018
England
Just watched The Dean Martin roast of Evil Kenevil.
Really enjoyed seeing so many late great characters, from Dean & Evil to Milton Berle, Ernest Borgnine, Jackie Cooper and one of the funniest men that ever lived Mr Don Rickles.

Chris.

Reactions: rogers and MrTom

Bengel

Lifer
Sep 20, 2019
Goliath on Amazon
2nd season was worse than crap, this one is as good as the first season good characters, great actors.

Status
Not open for further replies.