PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cwpiperman

Can't Leave
Jun 15, 2018
Where do you live, Moscow or Beijing? What do you think the chances of you being caught and prosecuted if you were driving home with $1000 worth of pipe tobacco in your trunk? You realize that would fit inside of a medium sized suitcase I hope. "Officer, I didn't know how long I was going to be gone so I made sure I took plenty with me when I left home."

Touche.

seldom

Lifer
Mar 11, 2018
So you border 3 states, Indiana, Ohio, and Wisconsin by land. But there is also Minnesota across the lake. Lots of Scandinavians settled there in Minnesota. Ancestors of the vikings. They know how to build sturdy and efficient watercraft. I suggest you take up pirate smuggling across Lake Superior. Yarr. Tis a good plan I tell ye.

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
Which state is that, or which states are those, so people planning a move for a job or retirement can have fair warning? If you reject a move, write the governor's office of the offending state and let them know what you think.
That doesn't work anymore. It can even be counterproductive: rasing a gigantic "Here I am!!" neon sign above your foxhole.

The politicos nowadays only listen to interest groups.

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL

I live on the North side of Indianapolis. Order your $1000 worth of tobacco, send it to me, I won't even open it. Arrive at my house, smoke a bowl or two of tobacco with me and enjoy a bourbon, even spend the night in one of the spare bedrooms if you wish. Pack a couple of boxes in your trunk, return home. If the helicopters track you and the jack booted thugs arrest you ... I've never heard of you. :col:

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
Stupid laws are made to be broken.
As a matter of fact, a law, in order to be one, must have as its purpose the wellbeing of everyone—i.e. it has to be in full concordance with Natural Law. When a law is serving only some at the expense of others, i.e. when it has ceased to be in harmony with Natural Law, then it ceases to be a law—it becomes a mere regulation—and we are no longer morally obligated to follow it. In fact, some laws regulations are so bad that we are morally obligated to oppose them.

Of course, if you are caught breaking a regulation you are still liable to be prosecuted by the tyrants who enacted it. So, be smart when opposing.

krizzose

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Michigan
Isn't MI under Sharia Law now, or was that just a rumor?

That’s a ridiculous rumor propagated by ridiculous YouTube videos believed by ... never mind.

Michigan is under Shawarma Law, and it’s delicious.

I just deleted a very long response I made to this about whether an individual can order tobacco products online because I came to my senses and realized I wouldn’t want any of my post to be even remotely considered as professional advice. Read the instructions to the Michigan tobacco excise tax return which describe how an individual acquirer of tobacco products can pay the excise tax. Then draw your own conclusions about whether it is illegal to import to make online tobacco orders from Michigan.

canadianpuffer

Can't Leave
Oct 8, 2017
It’s been a few years since I’ve been to the US, but I don’t remember seeing boarder guards or checkpoints on state lines. Seems like a tax grab. I’m canadian, we’re good at spotting those lol we just do nothing about it lol

tg51

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 24, 2017
Fort Polk, LA
@cwpiperman I feel for you man. I have a problem buying tobacco as soon as I travel out of the South. I've been dipping, smoking cigars and smoking pipes for several years but with the new tobacco age laws its difficult. The fact that I'm in the military and carry my ID on me at all times means that as long as I'm over 18 I can legally buy tobacco anywhere I want. But explaining that to a 7/11 clerk is near impossible, and I tend to stray away from tobacconists in NY because I don't want to make the owners uncomfortable. But I'm sorry to say my pain will only last a few more months whereas yours lasts until the law changes ?

Reactions: jpmcwjr

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
They just slapped us in Ohio with some new taxes. Pieces of
? they all are! This on my latest order:
Price: $53.87

Subtotal: $60.56
Excise Tax: $6.69
Sales Tax: $4.56
Shipping (USPS): Priority Mail
Total: $74.10
Wife thought I'd been bull shitin about the day was coming. This is the first step! Good thing I have few hundred pounds layin around. Now I buy the certain ropes/plugs/flakes when they come up but that's it. Got enough to put me in the grave if it gets worse...

Status
Not open for further replies.