PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

gamzultovah

Lifer
Aug 4, 2019
Jun 23, 2019
Here's a question: what do kind of tobaccos do you guys like best in your smaller bowls?

I have a tiny Morgan Bones "ONE" poker that I like to use to English ribbons.

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
I like having a couple of smaller pipes for stronger blends but some pipes are ridiculous.

My fault for not reading the specs but I bought a Tsuge metal blowfish that's closer to a cheroot holder than a regular pipe. Chamber = .79" deep x .5" wide Overall length = 4.18"

Reactions: PaulTheScandinavian

Celius

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 17, 2019
I am wondering if smaller pipe sizes were more popular in the past?

The szandard bowl size seems to be +- group size 4.
Was it always the case?

I personally like smaller pipes.
Considering focusing on size 3 pipes instead if 4.

Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
I am wondering if smaller pipe sizes were more popular in the past?

The szandard bowl size seems to be +- group size 4.
Was it always the case?

I personally like smaller pipes.
Considering focusing on size 3 pipes instead if 4.
Generally speaking ,the majority of French made pipes in the 40-60ies come with smaller bowl size, group 1 to 2 by Dunhill

Reactions: Celius

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
1792 flake. Knocked me down the first time I tried it in a full size pipe.
My 1792 pipe.

004-001-6602.jpg

kurtbob

Lifer
Jul 9, 2019
SE Georgia
Got several colonial clays for at the house and for short trip driving, 30 min or less got a pocket butz-choquin Canadian and a Nording compass. That Nording is a magic pipe, load it up and even with its small chamber that thing will continuously smoke for 45 to an hour

Reactions: SpookedPiper
Oct 7, 2016
Don't you hate that? I wish more online sellers would post images of pipes in scale with something like a lighter to give you more of a sense of what you're buying.
Al Pascia typically posts at least one picture of the pioe adjacent to a Czech pipe tool. Everything I have purchased from them has been without surprise size wise.

Reactions: Chasing Embers

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Al Pascia typically posts at least one picture of the pioe adjacent to a Czech pipe tool. Everything I have purchased from them has been without surprise size wise.
That's good to know. I'm out of the buying game but hopefully others will find purchases more accurate to what they were hoping for.?

Reactions: oldgeezersmoker

tobefrank

Lifer
Jun 22, 2015
Australia
It was not my intention to single out Al Pascia. I have been very happy with purchasing from them. Very fast shipping and great service. As I mentioned, it is more that I seem to imagine the pipes being larger from the photos and this was the first time I got caught out by that.

Status
Not open for further replies.