Welcome to The Pipes Magazine Radio Show Episode 476! Our featured interview tonight is with novice pipe smoker Andrew Knapp. Andrew grew up in such a remote part of Idaho that he had to travel 86 miles just to buy groceries. Perhaps he was making up for that by later traveling to Cairo, Istanbul, Aleppo, Damascus, Amman and all over northern Europe. He currently resides in Washington D.C. and has degrees in Philosophy in Politics, and in Politics. This episode is another installment in our series of novice pipe smokers (those with 3-5 years of pipe smoking experience) that we pose seven questions to. At the top of the show, Brian will catch up on a backlog from the mailbag which occurred during his three weeks of travel. (We will have the regular mailbag segment as well.) Sit back, relax with your pipe, and enjoy The Pipes Magazine Radio Show!
Use our player above – or – Choose one of the Apps below.
Seven Questions for Seven Novice Pipe Smokers
1. After you got started smoking a pipe, what was your “Ah Ha!” moment that kind of clicked for you?
2. Which tobaccos did you try based on a recommendation that you did not like?
3. How has your preference in pipes changed over your short time of pipe smoking? Have you developed preferences?
4. What was your holy grail pipe when you started smoking a pipe, and what it is now?
5. Who are a few of your favorite show guests from past episodes, and why?
6. What is your favorite thing to do while smoking a pipe?
7. Brian answers any question.
The Pipes Magazine Radio Show features interviews with pipe makers, tobacco blenders, pipe and tobacco aficionados, collectors, and more. Episodes air every Tuesday.
We hope you enjoy our 1-hour show produced just for you—the pipe smoker and collector.