Welcome to The Pipes Magazine Radio Show Episode 445! Our featured interview tonight is with Steve “PipeStud” Fallon. Steve has one of the most popular consignment-auction businesses for estate pipes and vintage tobaccos that he’s been running since 2006. If you know Steve, you know he’s a big fan of the original Dunhill blend, Royal Yacht. This show is our second in Volume II in our series of “Seven Questions for Seven Experts”. Over the course of seven weeks, we will ask seven prominent pipe collectors the same seven pipe related questions, and see how their answers compare. At the top of the show, for our pipe parts segment, we will have “Ask the Pipe Maker” with Jeff Gracik. Sit back, relax with your pipe, and enjoy The Pipes Magazine Radio Show!
Use our player above – or – Choose one of the Apps below.
Seven Questions for Seven Experts
1. If you could only cellar 100 tins, would you prefer to have 100 tins of one blend, 50 tins each of two blends, 25 tins each of four blends, or ten tins each of ten blends?
2. What would those blends be?
3. What is the oldest tobacco you have smoked, and how was your experience with it?
4. How has your preference in pipes changed over time?
5. What is the pipe you own that has the most sentimental value, and why?
6. How does situation affect your pipe and tobacco choice, like outdoor versus indoor, morning versus evening, on the go or in a chair?
7. Which famous pipe smoker from the past would you like to share a bowl with? It has to be someone you’ve never met.
The Pipes Magazine Radio Show features interviews with pipe makers, tobacco blenders, pipe and tobacco aficionados, collectors, and more. Episodes air every Tuesday.
We hope you enjoy our 1-hour show produced just for you—the pipe smoker and collector.
Pipe Stud Interview