PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

juni

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
When I saw this one I knew I had to have it. It is a Savinelli 404 with a silver band. My wife got a new camera and I think she takes great pictures.
5997240363_f1e982683f_z.jpg

Also in the picture is my Dunhill tamper.
Here is a close-up of the rustication:
5997792698_16aa6091c4_z.jpg

Now, show me your zulus.

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
I love a good Zulu. I used to have a very cherished Parker Jockey Club, blasted Zulu that was one of the finest smokers that a man could ever hope for. Sadly, a rather large friend destroyed it one night on a camping trip by sitting on it and snapping it in a a few places. I have been searching for the perfect Zulu replacement since. A very nice looking pipe indeed Juni...enjoy it.

juni

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
Ouch!
Yes, I have the Aran 268 too and it also smokes great, just like this one. My favorite shapes are straight billiards and zulus. Especially the zulus are really classical looking pipes.

ichbinmuede

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 17, 2011
Well since we're showing off. Here is my GBD "Historic" Zulu with a very unique blast.
gbdwhole.jpg

Some beautiful Zulus in this thread so far and I love the first.

menckenite

Jun 21, 2010
Alabama
Nice Zulus! I missed this post the first time around. ichbinmuede, that is an interesting sand blast. Reminds me of a topographic map ... in a good way. :D
I posted a couple of pics of my latest, and only, zulu a few days ago. However, here's a couple of different pics:
P1010617.jpg

P1010622.jpg

ichbinmuede

Feb 17, 2011
Well since interest was raised you should see the other side William.
gbdleft.jpg

With some shadow to really show the lines.

menckenite

Jun 21, 2010
Alabama
hardlined, I agree and that’s why I asked in my original post if it was a zulu. Three out of the three who ventured to guess, said it was a zulu but it may be more horn than zulu. A Hulu or a Zorn? 8O
ichbinmuede, thanks for the close up. That's really neat and I find it even more interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.