PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pagan

Lifer
May 6, 2016
West Texas
Zsa Zsa Gabor, who parlayed a minimal acting career into a career as a celebrity, has died at 99.
Will this year never end, RIP
https://www.yahoo.com/movies/zsa-zsa-gabor-hollywood-actress-socialite-dies-99-224923890.html

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
020515-zsa-zsa-gabor-slide-1_0.jpg

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
She was definitely what you would call "a character". She was famous for her quips. Here's some gems.

I had forgotten she was a former "Miss Hungary". My mother is also from Hungary and to me, Zsa-Zsa always sounded like my mom (she is 89 and still going strong).
I never hated a man enough to give him his diamonds back.

I am a marvelous housekeeper. Every time I leave a man, I keep his house.

A man in love is incomplete until he has married. Then he's finished.

Getting divorced just because you don't love a man is almost as silly as getting married just because you do.

I want a man who's kind and understanding. Is that too much to ask of a millionaire?

Macho does not prove mucho.

How many husbands have I had? You mean apart from my own?

One of my theories is that men love with their eyes; women love with their ears.

I know nothing about sex, because I was always married.

I don't remember anybody's name. How do you think the "dahling" thing got started?

mackeson

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 29, 2016
...has died at 99. Will this year never end

yeah, 99 years old is definitely a young and tragic death.

Sorry, couldn't resist. It just seems funny to me that people keep cursing this year for old people dying. Old people tend to die on a fairly regular basis.

My kids and I have woken up breathing every day this year, so it seems like a good year to me.

That being said, she was a babe in her day.

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
A very lovely lady indeed and quite a character as well. May she rest in peace. :puffy:

mayfair70

Lifer
Sep 14, 2015
I loved Eva from my childhood and watching Green Acres. Zsa Zsa was a force of nature. She knew how to party. RIP

"a jury convicting the actress of slapping a police officer, driving without a license and possessing an open container of alcohol--a flask of Jack Daniels--in her $215,000 Rolls-Royce"
queen_of_outer_space.jpg

snagstangl

Lifer
Jul 1, 2013
Iowa, United States
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRmsE3ElSns
eva-gabor-masterpiece-pipe-tobacco.jpg

Seriously, no one is remembering the Masterpiece pipe tobacco commercials and ads? Well I guess I dont remember them but that is what I thought of immediately.

madox07

Lifer
Dec 12, 2016
She was one unique beauty during her time ... but come on guys 99 years old, is a very respectable age - so respectable that I suppose once you get there you are also used to the idea that you may be living on borrowed time, any day could be your last. RIP !!!

shutterbugg

Lifer
Nov 18, 2013
She along with her sisters Ava and Magda were the Kardashians of their era, in fact it could be said the Gabor sisters were the archetype for parlaying nothing but cartoonish superficiality into wealth and celebrity, which is so ubiquitous in today's lowest-common-denominator media. I was surprised she died yesterday also, because I thought she had died several years ago following reports of gravely declining health.

Status
Not open for further replies.