PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

colcolt

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 11, 2012
Did anyone see that stupid program on H2 History channel last night about zombies? They really played it up and I think after watching about 15 minutes of it they were really serious about the reality of those things. I thought it was a joke but one guy kept going on about what he had to survive the zombie apocalypse to include guns, food, water, medical supplies, etc. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. Imagine some simple minded person seeing that and got depressed enough to commit suicide? Craziest thing I've seen to date on that channel. They were really serious about it.

puffy

Lifer
Dec 24, 2010
North Carolina
It's nuts to think of these things as real.Sounds like some of the old movies that I used to go to the driven in theater to see.Everyone knew they were just spoofs.No one ever thought of them in a serious way.I didn't really go there to watch the movie anyway.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
20130228-063856.jpg

:puffy:

colcolt

Jun 11, 2012
Kids are like puppies...they'll eat anything! :)
That crazy program came on this past Friday at 4:00. Of course, H2 mostly talks about "Ancient Aliens" so, if you believe in that, Zombies are no worse for ware. You have to go back to August 30th at 4:00pm to see where they aired it.
http://www.history.com/schedule/2013-08-30?tz=ET

metalmilitia

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 14, 2013
ironically, one of the rules of zombie movies is that no one in the movie has ever seen a zombie movie

colcolt

Jun 11, 2012
Both of them have gone to pot. The regular History channel seldom shows anything about History anymore. H2 is even worse. It seems 70% of the time all they have to show is about "Ancient Aliens". Ice Road Truckers on the History channel? What does that have to do with history?

pchitti

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 26, 2013
Central Texas
I think Zombies has been used to describe more than one thing. Its not just reanimated dead, but also the large amount of "zombie" like idiots following without thinking.
Yes that show has some crazies, but for the most part I dont think many truly believe in reanimation.
Just my .02 for today, oh and I have plenty of the best zombie removal tools. 22lr ammo...

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Don’t be too quick to think the Zombie Apocalypse is not real. Stuff like this makes me a believer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LF0IhyAasWw

colcolt

Jun 11, 2012
Zombies were something we use to laugh at in those B rated movies from the 50's. They were about as fake as the Godzilla movies and still are. Once you're dead you're dead. I don't fear the dead it's the living that bothers me. :)

murf

Can't Leave
Mar 1, 2013
Makes me glad I don't have cable. I remember when History Channel used to be about history. I would watch it when I was too sick to go to school.
Most of tv is crap now. Ever go a week or so without it, and then watch? I felt like my intelligence was insulted.
Wasn't it last summer the CDC had to release a statement that zombie apocalypse wasn't happening? There were a few incidents in Florida involving "bath salts." Still made my wife feel safe when I bought a whole case of shotgun shells :)

plateauguy

Lifer
Mar 19, 2013
History channels that don't show history, A&E that doesn't show Arts and Entertainment, a Biography channel that doesn't show biographies.
I'm sick of reality shows! How about something worth watching ???? At least Animal Planet shows animals.

drwatson

Lifer
Aug 3, 2010
toledo
I think if you took something like mad cow, rabies, lsd, and throw in some other goverment testing. One could get something "Zombie Like". Rapid heart rate, fever, scabs, insanity, biters, spread by blood transmission. But once they are dead they would be dead.

And the History Channel has really gone down hill.

colcolt

Jun 11, 2012
They've all gone to pot. What does Pawn Stars have to do being on the History Channel...stupid. The animal Planet could show better programs other than Gator Boys, Swamp People and that crazy guy Shelby who bites off snake heads.

easterntraveler

Dec 29, 2012
The "Zombie Apocalypse" is pretty much just like any other survival plan involving some sort of outbreak with a couple quirky things involved. The disease control center actually has a Zombie Plan on it's website or atleast had one.

Status
Not open for further replies.