PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonguebitepipecleaner

Might Stick Around
Apr 26, 2013
I recently procured a Zettervig estate pipe via Ebay. As a name it's not one I've heard mentioned much, but seems to be fairly collectible. Bit of charring but the stem is flawless. Anyways, if you own a Zettervig by any chance, share your pics/thoughts.
20130423_185838_zps8b6df73b.jpg
[/url][/img]
20130423_185856_zps8f4c2ffc.jpg
[/url][/img]

sasquatch

Lifer
Jul 16, 2012
I've got a Zettervig too, I'll have to take a picture of it. From what I researched, he seems to have been a sort of failed or would-be high-grade Danish pipe maker, kind of riding on the waves of the other "big names" in the 70s. His quality was all over the place though, and he never really managed to be super successful at pipes, sort of coming and going, reinventing himself once in awhile.

pitchfork

Lifer
May 25, 2012
Thanks for posting -- never heard of Zettervig before. Looks like a very nice Danish Freehand, though.

tonguebitepipecleaner

Might Stick Around
Apr 26, 2013
Thanks for posting -- never heard of Zettervig before. Looks like a very nice Danish Freehand, though.
Cheers, Yeah it is a nice looking pipe, haven't had the pleasure of smoking it as I'm awaiting 6mm filters, which I need mainly because the draw is as loose as a prostitutes morals. But I'd say she'll keep me warm of an evening ;)

sasquatch

Lifer
Jul 16, 2012
Here's mine - earlier work apparently, with the "Zettervig" over "Copenhagen" markings
zetter.jpg

fishnbanjo

Lifer
Feb 27, 2013
homeatsea check with Wil at http://www.estatebriarpipes.dk/index.html he often has a Zettervig or two and his pricing is reasonable.

Status
Not open for further replies.