PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

eazye77

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 21, 2012
Question:
How often do you clean your pipes? Do you clean them after every smoke or do you do it weekly, bi-weekly? What method has worked best for you?
Thanks! 8)

05venturer

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
Amery,WI
I smoke pretty much all cobs and smoke one all day and clean it at the end of the day and switch to a different one for the next day. Pipe cleaners thru the stem and shank until pretty clean then paper towel to ream out the bowl. Deep clean with vodka every couple weeks.

hodirty

Lifer
Jan 10, 2013
I clean all my pipes (5) every other day. Alchohol cleaning every two weeks, give or take.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
There's been a few discussions about this recently, especially how often to do a thorough cleaning, but I run 3-4 pipe cleaners through after use, then use a bent one to wipe out the bowl. Finish up with a spit shine of the rim. I even clean the stem (even though it's my own spit, just don't like a nasty looking button).
Then I let it rest for 3-5 days. I do a thorough clean with alcohol every 4-6 weeks.

eazye77

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 21, 2012
Hummm, vodka? Never thought of that. I use the highest content of rubbing alcohol or grain alcohol if I can find it.
:laughat: Will have to try that since I'm a martini man!

tanless1

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 14, 2010
I run a cleaner when the draw is blocked.

I ream it when I have to pack to stories.

Alcohol when it turns sour.
....I'm a Heathen.

durham270

(Bailey's Briar)
Jan 30, 2013
Kentucky
I clean my pipes after every smoke with a dry pipe cleaner. After every 5-10 bowls depending on the tobacco I smoke I'll clean with some Golden Grain on the end of a pipe cleaner.
ggcleaning-433x600.jpg

martiniman

Apr 6, 2012
A nice gin works also.........
:D
Will have to try that since I'm a martini man!

captainbob

Oct 5, 2010
I dedicate pipes to specific blends and/or very similar blends. After every smoke, I use a pipe cleaner and then remove it to allow it to rest and air dry. I rotate 16 pipes and smoke a lot. I also use a dull pipe knife to clean the bowl after each smoke. Have enough pipes and follow what I said above and you won't have a problem. Tell your wife that Captain Bob says that you need more pipes!

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

cajunguy

Jan 22, 2012
Metairie, LA
I typically clean mine after every smoke. It's become habit, so I do it almost without thinking about it. Like a few guys around here, I like to twist a paper towel into the chamber to get maker sure its nice and clean for my next bowl.

zonomo

Lifer
Nov 24, 2012
I try to use a single pipe all day and clean it at the end but sometimes I get lazy and dont do it for a few days. I try to keep them pretty clean though.

Status
Not open for further replies.