Yes, Another One! (Radice Silk Cut Apple)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

gray4lines

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 6, 2012
KY
Just got a Radice silk cut straight apple. My wife and I made a deal while I was browsing pipes online; I could buy one if she could buy shoes, lol! Deal!! I had a little Christmas money left so why not. I am breaking it in with G.L. Pease Navigator, an awesome awesome blend.. sweet Vas and dark fired KY burley, with a little rum flavor.
20130110_181431.jpg

Bigger than I expected!
20130110_181154.jpg

20130110_181212.jpg

And the rest of my order.

20130110_181725.jpg

20130110_181748.jpg

And I can already tell I am gonna enjoy Navigator. It's just sweet enough from the VAs, but a little smokey. Goes great with gingerale and Woodford Reserve bourbon! Mmmmmmmmmmm.

shawn

Jan 1, 2012
Great Lady you have there and the pipe ain't so bad either!

gray4lines

Nov 6, 2012
KY
I can already tell it will be a great smoker.
Never tried the extra absorbant cleaners, so I got a few of those and some bristles!
Oh, just noticed they are all "extra absorbant" I got the fluffy omes

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
I adore the Radice Silk Cut finish and your pipe is a fine example. How is the engineering? I have always kind of guessed that Radice pipes smoke well, but would love to hear first hand from those who own one. Radice is very high on my list of next pipe purchases.

gray4lines

Nov 6, 2012
KY
I adore the Radice Silk Cut finish and your pipe is a fine example. How is the engineering? I have always kind of guessed that Radice pipes smoke well, but would love to hear first hand from those who own one. Radice is very high on my list of next pipe purchases.
Seems great so far. Solid feel, but not heavy. Great stem, very thin and comfortable at the button. Good open draw, and draft hole looks lined up perfectly.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Thanks for the numerous pix! Great looking pipe! :clap:

Great compromise with the PAD/TAD versus SAD (Shoe Acquisition Disorder). It works for me and Mrs. Cortez, aka. Shoe Lady :rofl:

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
Beautiful Radice! Thanks for the pics of the tobacco also. Navigator is is on my to try list.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
That is a great looking Radice and it is sure to be a great smoker. I have owned half a dozen Radice's over the years and everyone was a great smoker. In my opinion they smoke as good as Castello's for half the cost.
That Navigator is one tasty blend, I got a tin in today from a friend and dried it out for an hour and man was it tasty.

colesradioactive

Might Stick Around
Apr 3, 2012
Awesome Radice! I've heard nothing but good things about them. Looks like it will be a great pipe and give you a ton of great smokes.

mthanded

Can't Leave
Sep 15, 2012
Nice looking pipe. I'm looking for a Radice in the right price range and they all look really nice.

zanthal

Lifer
Dec 3, 2011
Pleasanton, CA
I'm guessing Silk Cut means the rustication isn't so deep. Looks good, just make sure you get to spend just as much on the pipe as she goes on the shoes :clap:

gray4lines

Nov 6, 2012
KY
@ Cortez. Yes, Im sure this won't be the last shoe-deal.
@ papipe I love the look of the rind's too! Very close decision between this and a rind bent apple.
@ zanthal silk cut is Radice's "sandblast" finish. No, it is not very deep. The rinds are great rustications though. Almost like a sea rock.

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
Congrats! Radice are a great value. I have one and love it. Probably won't be my last either. As the others have said; hold on to that woman she's a keeper.

Status
Not open for further replies.